Chapter 17

~Aya

"Hit stronger!" The heat pulsing through my veins emerged as fire in my hands. Not one, not two, but three fire waves struck Vixen sending him flying backwards and landing with a loud thump on the ground. I smirked knowing I caught him off guard.

He wanted stronger, I will show him stronger.

Hastily getting up on his feet, Vixen wasted no time in attacking me with bolts and bolts of fire. But he didn't stop there. The ground erupted in flames rising from beneath up to the sky. I moved in between them, creating a fire shell all around me.

"Not enough." He yelled from the other side.

"Motherfûcker." I grumbled under my breath wiping the sweat off my forehead. We were fighting like we were in the middle of war, striking at each other's necks. We've been training each and every day, wanting my powers to reach their maximum.

And boy was it hard.

"You're weak. Stop fighting like a girl, Aya." He taunted, the corners of his mouth twitching up into a smirk. Oh no you didn't.

My hand turned into fists, and my eyes hard fixed on Vixen. Something inside of me ticked, the adrenaline leveling higher and the anger boiling through my blood unleashed itself.

I spread my arms wide, like an eagle ready to haunt its prey. What seemed as a river of fire surged out of my arms, absorbing all fire bolts Vixen threw at me. I closed my eyes, feeling the gush of energy flooding my body, strengthening the current of fire dashing out my arms.

It was a feeling I never felt before, powerful, in control. And it felt damn amazing.

Vixen was quick to understand what was happening. Pulling both hand together, a blaze of fire exploded from his hands, meeting my fire a little more than half way through. But I was stronger, his flames were no match for mine.

I focused on my target, pushing all energy I could out of me. "Ugh," I screamed, the power was too much, but I'm not a quitter. I am a fire controller, I had to prove myself worthy of such gift.

When I didn't feel any power fighting me back, my flames died down. I gasped in horror seeing Vixen lying face flat on the ground, unmoving.

"Oh my gosh!" I ran till I reached his side and crouched down next to his.

"Vixen," I nudged his shoulder.

"Vixen, you okay?" I nudged him harder. He groaned rolling onto his back, his face covered in smudges of dirt. It looked like the earth swallowed and spat him right back up.

"Holy shit." He lifted himself up, staring at me like I grew horns.

"How in the name of all that's holy did you do that?" He screeched, a mortified look on his face. I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Weren't you telling me minutes ago that I fight like a girl?" I crossed my arms, a victorious smile playing on my lips. I sure showed him how girls fight, ruthlessly may I add.

"I just told you that to rile you up." He snorted, fixing his hair.

"Oh, and you told me that I'm weak." I put a finger under my chin. Vixen rolled his eyes, his lips spreading out into a grin remembering his words.

"Truth is, you fight better than the warriors." I held back a snicker as he rubbed his arms which were probably aching from his fall. 

"Excuse me, I think I didn't hear you quite well. What did you say?" I put a hand behind my ear, stepping closer to him. He groaned face palming himself.