Chapter 34

~Aya

I watched silently as the reporters swarmed outside the castle, the gates being the only barrier keeping them from entering. The camera zoomed in showing a clearer view of the castle and the heavy amount of guards scattered outside.

I had a feeling that a reporter or a photographer tried sneaking in but got caught along the way. Knowing my dad, he wouldn't have placed that much guards if something like that didn't actually occur. Or maybe it was because they were afraid of someone else getting kidnapped, both possibilities being equally logical.

The male reporter appeared yet again on the TV screen speaking like how reporters usually speak, in an exaggerating manner. Or was he?

Well I'm not the one to judge, I'm living pretty peacefully at the moment. Of course, minus the pressure of having my power taken away and used to destroy what my ancestors built, being locked up in here and last but not least, probably getting killed after Silas gets what he wants.

No pressure at all.

Did I forget to say that all the people I know would die as well? Yeah, add that to the list as well. So much for a peaceful mind.

Staring at the walls for two consecutive days had me feeling depressed. Watching television is mostly what I have been doing, other than attempting to chat with the girl that enters my room about thrice per day.

She's young, barely looking over seventeen years old and she's definitely not the brightest. I managed to make her crack a smile or two which let me tell you was quite a challenge, but she still wears a grim face.

Silas finally began thinking straight and understood that the handcuffs were a dumb idea on his part. With every single window locked in this house as well as the men standing outside securing it, it was nearly impossible to escape.

Though there's something Silas told me that I can't stop thinking about. He said that he has a little surprise for me while wearing a wicked grin on his face. He didn't give away anything else, but with that glint in his eyes I directly knew that this surprise is as black as his soul.

Focusing once more on the tv, I sighed heavily hearing that the security circumstances of all kingdoms have turned rocky. The people were in frenzy, questioning who would dare step foot into the castle and kidnap the princess without anyone noticing.

But they got it all wrong. Silas and his men didn't take me from the castle's ground, I went to them on my own free will. I still wonder who put the letters inside my bedroom, but I'm pretty sure that there's a traitor inside the castle.

"I feel useless." I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against the headboard. Due to the power shield precisely made for me, I couldn't do anything useful.

"Fūck this." Groaning, I grabbed a pillow and covered my face with it. Can life be any more tragic?

Hearing the door creak open, I put the pillow aside and shot up rather quickly. A man wearing black shades was holding the door open for someone and by the click of heels, I knew it was a woman.