Chapter 19

~Aya

Mate.

Four letters, one word. And it got my head spinning.

Fate has its ways of changing people's paths, mine to be exact. It's funny how the things you thought had zero chance of occurring, turn out to be your destiny. But I guess it's the irony of life, the things you dare to dream off come firing back at you.

I still couldn't wrap my head around the whole mate ordeal.

My mouth opened and closed, like a fish out of water, unable to put my thoughts into words. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I bet the expression on my face gave away my utter confusion.

"What?" I blurted out, staring into Jace's vivid green eyes. They were glowing, like seriously glowing.

"You're my mate." He nestled his face in the crook of my neck, nuzzling softly as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He began planting faint kisses along my neck, whispering incoherent words.

And it began again, the jolts of electricity, making my body shiver with longing. 

"You don't know how much I dreamt of this moment." He breathed out pulling back.

"How is it possible?" I asked, and as much as I was ecstatic, my voice came out as dull. I was still consumed by shock, which is probably why I haven't reacted yet.

My heart was going to stop beating from pure bliss. 

"I'm just as lost as you are. But what really matters right now is that you're my mate. Don't you know the meaning of this?" He exclaimed, gripping my shoulders, a lottery winning smile spreading onto his face.

I giggled unable to hold off my happiness any longer. And that was all he needed to lean down and brush his lips onto mine. It wasn't soft and innocent, but fiery and demanding and with no further hesitation, I drew into his lips.

Our breaths mingled together, and I savored the taste of his lips. I knew this was just the beginning of us, the first chapter of our story. Imagining the life ahead of us, I smiled as certain images played in my head.

"Why are you laughing?" He broke the kiss, smiling on his own.

"Uh, nothing. Just picturing how our lives will be from now on." I blushed under his intense gaze.

"It will be perfect." He whispered, and by the looks of it, he was thinking of our future as well.

"Jace, what will we do now? I mean with your chosen and my dad. Oh my gosh, what will I say to my dad!" My jaw dropped in horror realizing the seriousness of the situation.

My dad will go nuts knowing I'm a werewolf's mate. But dad considers Jace as another son, so I don't think he'll have a problem with it. Or will he?