Chapter 24

~Aya

Beneath that beautiful face of hers, Leila has a wild temper. And I'm not exaggerating, not one bit –she's scary when she's mad. Sitting on her bed, I watched as she hysterically paced the room yelling profanities.

"I'm going to make her wish she wasn't born." Leila exclaimed placing her hands on her waist, her eyes flaring.

"Can you calm down for a sec and tell me what happened?" I asked, raising a brow in curiosity. I wonder what that sappy mouth of Veronica said that got Leila all riled up.

Leila doesn't make a fuss out of things if they aren't serious, or in this case, provoked her gravely.

"She purposely tripped me while I was talking on the phone! And then she walked away laughing like it's some kind of joke." My jaw nearly hit the ground.

"Exactly." She screeched.

Alright, I'm done being the sophisticated princess.

"Then we have to show her what's it like to mess with witches." I smirked, nasty plans already playing in my head. Glancing at Leila, my smirk widened seeing the mischievous glint of her eyes.

For the next hour, Leila and I came up with ways to make Veronica's stay in the castle a living hell. Leila was keen on the idea of setting her hair on fire, cackling up as she imagined her franticly screaming for help.

It took me all my will power not to submit to Leila's evilness and agree. So after arguing for what seems like forever, I managed to convince Leila that we'd be going too far if we burnt her hair.

Leila's next suggestion was summoning spirits to her room. That of course would make Veronica go in frenzy and not sleep for months, but thinking of the possibility of her going through hallucinations guilt tripped me. 

Unlike my best friend, I'm not a heartless person when it comes to people I don't like. I strictly told Leila that we didn't want to frighten her for the rest of her life, and although Leila had other ideas planned, she reluctantly agreed.

"Either dye her hair or have tree branches crash her room." Leila firmly stated, leaning against the wall.

"I don't think the tree branches is a good idea. The king won't be happy knowing that we destroyed one of his guest chambers." Leila snorted, rolling her eyes before sighing dramatically.

"Then dye her hair it is. Pick a color." Leila clapped her hands, thrilled with the upcoming action in the following few hours.

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. This girl just loves causing trouble, poor Vixen doesn't know what he got himself into. She thoughtfully stared at me, and knowing Leila, she was deliberating the most suitable color on Veronica's light skin tone.