Chapter 1

~Aya

~Aya

'Beep beep beep', the alarm rang. Groaning, I rolled onto my back and stretched my arms.

Gosh I hate waking up early in the morning.

Usually, I don't wake up this early but today is not like any other day. I smiled at the thought of it. It hasn't been a long time since I've last seen him. We see each other often. But today, not only will he be coming, but the Kings and Queens of all four kingdoms.

Our world is different from that of the humans. Angels, demons, witches, vampires and werewolves live in the supernatural world; Of course, each has his own kingdom. But ever since my parents married, the witches and demons kingdoms became one.

I am Aya, the princess of demons and witches. My parents are King Eros and Queen Violet, the ones that brought peace to our world.

Demons and witches used to despise one another, mainly because of the blood shed that had occurred over the ages. But my mother, the controller of all four elements, defeated the very cause of war.

The prophecy said that one day, a witch able to control all four natural elements, will bring peace to the supernatural world. Queen Violet did so by slaying the King of Demons, my grandfather. On that day, a war broke out. The demon army split and my parents won the war. It is known as Thaldin war, for the war took place in Thaldin.

My father was next in line to become king, so he directly claimed his right. Later, my parents got married which in turn merged the two empires. Their love story has become some kind of a legend.

I sighed getting up from bed. I could see from my window that all preparations were set. A red carpet covered the ground and roses lied on both sides of it. Banners and decorations were all over the castle. It was beautiful. The servants were all over the castle checking that everything is in place.

Walking into my closet, I put on a V-neck simple baby pink colored dress. The heels were also pink, just a little bit of a faint pink. Last night, I spent a full hour trying to figure out what to wear. Thankfully, my mom came to the rescue.

Today I will finally see Jace. Every time I think of him I can't help but smile. He's such a handsome guy. We keep on bickering like siblings, he ruffles my hair and I hit his arm. With time, I developed feelings for him. We used to do everything together but as we got older, duties called.

Him being the heir of the werewolves kingdom, he had to accompany his father regularly to get to know the responsibilities of a king.

"Aya." My mom's voice brought me out of my trance.

"You're still not ready. They'll be here in no time." Her eyes pierced into mine, looking at me with both seriousness and humor. From the beginning, my mom knew of my crush. She could see the way Jace looks at me and the way I look at him. She even calls us love birds, when we are alone of course.