Chapter 26

~Aya

"Vixen, you can't order McDonalds!" I hissed under my breath, aware of Vixen pouting like a five-year-old whose favorite toy got broken on a Christmas eve. He's been craving junk food all day long, and being the dumbass he is, he decided to order McDonalds.

To the freakin castle!

"I'll order you a Big Mac." He bribed, wiggling his eyebrows in an extremely creepy way. Yeah, hunger does that to a person. He knows I've got a weak spot for the big mac, and he's using that weakness against me.

It's not fair, I tell you. 

"Vixen, no."

"Oh, for the love of –"

"Nope." I popped the word out.

"Instead of one, I'll get you five big macs." He raised an eyebrow, a hint of a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. Don't let his deceptive ways fool you, Aya. We cannot, and I repeat cannot order food to the castle. Or can we?

No –get that thought out of your head.

"As tempting as your offer sounds, but I have to let in down Vix." It felt like one of those soap opera moments, the only thing missing is the cheesy overdramatic music playing in the background.

"You're a pain in the ass." He pointed out huffing in protest. Well, someone's cranky today.

"Thanks." I grinned seeing him roll his eyes annoyingly.

It would be inappropriate on so many levels, and I didn't want another heated confrontation with Jace, nonetheless on a stupid matter like ordering food.

I've been avoiding any contact with him for the past two days, and it was anything but easy. He has tried several times to speak to me, and to be honest, the desperation in his eyes made my heart ache in sadness.

After various failed attempts, Leila took action. She knew very well that I needed some time to myself, to think things over and clear my head. So she confronted him and told him to back off for a while until I feel ready to talk to him.