Chapter 32

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~Aya

All I wanted was to be swallowed into the pits of the earth so I could prevent any harm from reaching my family, my friends and Jace. Those monsters meant every word they written in the letter and they will hurt them if I tell anyone about this.

Which is why I won't.

I won't risk the safety of the people I love to protect myself. I'd rather die than watch anything happen to them or maybe even worse, grieve over one of their graves. I shivered at that dark thought, no way am I letting those people get to them.

Not at any cost. I couldn't weigh my options at this point, it was either do as they say or have blood on my hands. My eyes watered, a tear trailing down my cheek as the letter I was holding dropped onto the floor.

Any wrong act will cost you the death of your beloved ones, your precious Jace being the first. I angrily crumbled the paper and threw it onto the wall with much force, unable to stop the tears from falling.

I cursed the day Zena, the element beholder, gave me the power of gravity; it was the sole reason behind those people after me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I cursed the day Zena, the element beholder, gave me the power of gravity; it was the sole reason behind those people after me. They wanted the power, the strength they'll possess once they put their hands on it and that'll be through me.

My mind went back to information I took knowledge of about those people –those creatures. My heart sped up as I realized that I'm throwing myself to the creatures that want to destroy our world, the fiare.

I was unprepared of what is yet to come. Deep down, I was certain that they'll not waste any moment and make me go with them if I step foot into the forest.

I shivered involuntary thinking of the worst. They might hit me, torture me, perhaps kill me. They'll dispose my body once they get the underlying unknown power I hold.

"I didn't ask for this." I choked out, my voice faint and heavy with emotions. I didn't –I fùcking don't want this. It's not my fault that I was cursed with a power I don't even know how to use.