Chapter 11

This chapter was so long. I kept on writing and writing and it wouldn't finish. With writing and proofreading it took A LOT of time. 🙄

Dedicated to ariesangelxoxo for giving me the title's idea. Love you❤️

Anyway, up is Aya's dress. I wanted to put Leila's dress too but it wouldn't work.

Please don't forget to hit the star button and Vote! 💜

***

~Aya

I sat in a low back revolving chair waiting for Pierre, my coiffure to finish. I could feel his fingers fixing a couple of strands, probably pinning them upwards. Leila and mom had already finished, having coming before me since I was too caught up in a peaceful sleep.

As my mom said when I first arrived, the last to come is the last to go. So here I was, drumming my fingers against the chair's arms impatiently waiting for Pierre to be done. Resting on a small red cushion was my tiara, placed on a stand next to him. I watched as he grabbed it by its sides, carrying it gently as if it were to break any minute. Wincing as I felt its sharp edges digging into my hair, Pierre's hum of approval signified that his work was complete.

"Perfect." He purred admiring his masterpiece.

"Can I see how I look like?" I put a hand under my chin. I knew my question was of no use, but I tried anyway. From what I understood, mom and Leila wanted some kind of sweet vengeance for my inaccurate timing. Mom ordered everyone to cover the mirrors up so I don't see how I look like until the time of the ball.

Seriously, I feel like I want to strangle her!

"I'm sorry dear, but you know I can't go against the queen's wishes." He said sympathetically. I nodded in understanding. The queen's words are to be followed no matter what.

Getting up, I was taken aback by my mom's sudden gasp. She came closer, a smile covering the surprised look on her face.

"You look breathtaking." She murmured cupping one side of my face with her hand. Her words were laced with pride. All irritation faded as I stared into watery violet eyes. She couldn't grasp the fact that her once young munchkin had turned into a beautiful young woman. I could feel my eyes water as well. It was one of those mother-daughter moments. 

"Aya you look amazing." I laughed at Leila's jolt of happiness.

"Thanks Leila, so do you." And she did. Going for a soft look, Leila chose a light pink eyeshadow merging it with a bit of bronze at the edges and a light pink lipstick. Her honey brown hair was down, its ends perfectly done into curls.

"We still need to get you two dressed. Let's go, we don't want to be late now do we?" Mom said, her eyes holding playfulness.

I rolled my eyes making both of them chuckle. They're such a tease.

***

"Ready?" Leila's eyes shone in excitement. She looked at me from top to bottom, grinning like a fool.

I didn't know why but I felt nervous, a knit forming in my stomach.

"Come on turn around. Trust me, you look beautiful." Leila urged sensing my discomfort. I nodded closing my eyes and slowly turned to face the mirror. This is it.

Opening my eyes, I gasped as I stared back at my reflection in the mirror. The black locks of my hair were pulled up in a bun, a few wavy strands left loose. The front of it was puffed, adding volume to my hair. Whereas for the makeup, the smokey eyeshadow made my violet eyes struck out revealing how truly captivating they were. As for my lips, they were covered in a matte nude beige color making them look natural.