Chapter 39

~Jace

Black.

I was engulfed by that miserable color, not even a flicker of light present, only total blackness. I turned around, trying to spot any door, any exit, but couldn't see a damn thing.

But wait, where the hell am I? Am I trapped ten feet under the ground so that it's this dark or is this my mind playing tricks on me? I wanted to move but amongst the darkness I was currently in, it was impossible.

"Anybody there?" I asked but was taken by surprise with the way my voice echoed as if I was speaking though a microphone. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, forcing my brain to function in its exhausted state.  It's either I'm in a deserted hallway or in the pits of a cave so that my voice rang this loud.

Out of nowhere, a series of torches lit up revealing a narrow corridor making my eyes widen from shock. What the hell is going on? Staring closely, I hazily saw the outlines of something that appeared to look like a handle. So following my instincts, I began walking toward the end of the corridor, my steps slow and calculating. 

The last thing I remember before waking up to this foreign place was fighting off the beasts.

We were tracking the area that Vixen told us the house was situated in and they emerged out of nowhere taking us by surprise. They were more than we expected, about twenty fiaré behind a man I've definitely seen before. He was the man that Aya danced with at the ball, his striking blue and red streaked eyes hard to forget.

"That son of a bitch." I cursed under my breath, fisting my hands as a sudden wave of anger crashed over me. That excuse of a man hit me with a dagger while I had my back turned to him.

How had he gotten that close without myself noticing or even sensing him? I terribly wanted to kill him with my bare hands and watch the life being drained out of him. But then another image of the attack flashed in my head, Aya floating in the middle of the sky with her eyes blazing a hue of striking violet, and for the first time ever she was in a state of complete rage.

Many figures surrounded me, but my eyes were only set on my mate that was radiating of a power that would force anyone on their knees. Though I was on the ground battling unconsciousness, but I felt it like a magnetic field, demanding its presence.

My steps halted to a stop when things began getting clearer. Aya seemed like an air bender, floating up there the way she did, but the only problem is that she isn't one. Which means that –

"The gravity." I whispered to no one in particular, voicing out my conclusion which sure as hell is a hundred percent exact. The ring of power circulating around the meadow, the men being pulled up and thrown against the trees all at the same instant, the fact that she got everyone to freeze in their places. It all made sense now.