Chapter 9

Picture of Liza^^

Please don't forget to hit the star button to vote! 💜

~Aya

I recognized her from the photos Leila used to show me. Liza definitely wasn't the type of cousin anyone would want to hang out with especially with her infamous approaches of hooking up with men. Let's just say she's a gold-digger and boy did it show. The white printed crop top she wore gave full sight of her cleavage and the denim shorts shouldn't be considered shorts.

The way she looked at him had my nerves riled up. It pissed me off to an extent that I wanted to rip her throat out.

Take deep breaths Aya, I told myself. 

Slowly walking upfront, I cleared my throat making the guards standing in front of them step aside. As soon as Jace saw me, a flash of relief crossed his face.

"We heard someone screaming. Is everything alright?" I hoped to sound neutral, but the irritation couldn't be hidden. The twisted smile plastered on Liza's face made me purse my lips into a thin line.

"Princess," She bowed her head, "the guards here stopped me from walking in." The guiltiness in her tone was almost too convincing, but I knew better. From the stories Leila had told me, I knew Liza was a manipulating bitch. Whenever something happened, she made herself seem innocent.

"And you scream?" I demanded.

"I'm sorry princess. It won't happen again." I didn't appreciate the sweetness of her voice. I knew that if she weren't forced to apologized, she wouldn't have.

"Good," My voice was clipped, "You may leave." Noticing her shocked expression, a grin threatened to spread on my face. Serves her right.

Anger coated her features but not being able to defy my order, she nodded and stomped in the opposite direction.

Jace smirked with both of his hands crossed as he stared at me with amusement. He wore a light blue button up polo, its sleeves rolled up with a matching grey pants. To say he looked amazing would be an understatement. He looked utterly perfect.

Noticing his smirk growing bigger, I quickly recomposed myself. He knew I was checking him out. I looked away feeling my cheeks heat up and thanked God when I saw Leila standing next to me smiling broadly.

"Hey I'm Leila, Aya's best friend." She exclaimed.

"I'm-"

"I know who you are. Aya talks a lot about you Jace," I froze in place hearing Leila's words.

She did not just say that.

My eyes widened in horror and so did Leila's.

"I mean she talks about when you guys-were young and stuff." She fiddled with her fingers biting her lip. I wanted to hit her with a brick.

And stuff? Seriously Leila? So much for covering it up.

"Nice to meet you Leila." He smiled but not before glancing at me first.

***

After the embarrassment Leila caused me, Vixen and Jace decided to head off to train. With Jace attending my training sessions with Vixen, he got to know him more which helped in making his jealousy subside. I was quite thankful for that. No girl likes to deal with a jealous man. 

I groaned rolling onto my back. Staring at the ceiling, I thought about earlier today. The moment I saw Liza's hand on Jace's arm, something inside of me ticked; Jealousy. The reasonable part of me knew that Jace had no interest in her. He didn't take her hand off probably not wanting to appear rude. But the provoked part of me said otherwise.