11. You Aint Seen Crazy Yet

Charlotte Evans

I flipped my hair into place, and did some last-minute touches of makeup as I looked into my little compact mirror. It wasn't every day that I got this chance, so being able to get dolled up was like a Get out of jail free card; for me.

"Are you ready?" Travis, who was Eazy's assistant asked as he finished setting up the cameras in our usual filming room. I was tired, hungry and just wanted to get this over with so, despite how I was feeling; I nodded. "Alright, rolling in 5, 4, 3, 2...1"

"Hello & good morning to my lovely fans, followers, supporters and even to my haters! I'm making this video just to let you guys know that I'm here and still doing well. I'm sorry that I haven't been on my social media networks as I should be however; I'm just working on something that needs all of my time and attention. But not to worry; I'll be back very, very soon. I love you guys, and appreciate all the support. Until next time, Peace!" I blew them a kiss and Travis shut off the camera. A grin spread across his face as he walked towards me clapping his hands.

"You're getting good at this."

"Guess you could say that." I winced, as he aggressively undid the shock collar that he had wrapped around my ankles. "When will we be able to film without all of this?" I asked, bending over so that I could rub the soreness away.

We had been doing this weekly Instagram for months now, ever since the media began to grow suspicious of my well-being. In return for these twenty seconds of fame however; I had to be threatened by the chance that I could get shocked at the highest voltage that he could find.

It really wasn't worth it, I knew that after seven years; this was it for me. I had tried to run the first few years, a couple times but the punishment just wasn't worth it anymore. I discovered that just rolling with the punches made life easier, and I was at a point where I wanted to survive more than I wanted to be free.

Being here became the spiritual detox that I needed more than anything. I had nights where I slept in the cellar and cried myself to sleep, nights where I even began to pray to every God in the book, nights where I attempted suicide and nights when I came to the acceptance that it was going to be alright, and things weren't going to be like this forever. Within these cold moments of my life, I also found slight peace and happiness.

"You know if it was up to me I would never be doing this to you." He said looking deeply into my eyes. "Boss's orders."

"It's a video for Christ sakes! What's the most I can do? Say that I've been kidnapped by my brother? In a video that you're going to edit and post yourself?" I raised my brow, "how dumb do you really think I am?"

"I don't think you're dumb at all. You're a beautiful, intelligent woman, but you know how your brother gets about this." He unplugged the big box lights around us, causing the room to let in nothing but the natural lighting from the windows.

"I guess." I sighed, and slouched in the chair as I watched him begin to pack up everything. "How's your day been so far?"

"Can't complain, just here for a few hours since your brother's out of town. Then I gotta run some errands, drop Daniel and Andres to the airport."

"Where are they going?"

"Andres is going to be spending time with Skye I think, so Daniel's dropping him off."

"I see, I see. Meaning, today's the day?"

"Not exactly... you know with both of them gone it means your security will be turned up a couple more notches."