13. Return to Sender

Alonzo Flemington

I sat at the dining room of my new home, watching the ball game with a fat blunt in between my fingers. Cody was already over on the budgeting while I signed off on a few bank statements and documents for my taxes. I had sent Jerome and a couple of the guys out to grab something to eat at the closest Burger Priest in the area. There was so much tension in the house as Samantha made her way around the house, trying to somewhat pack a bag with her clothes that hadn't been unpacked as yet.

I tried my best to keep my cool, but that argument had me heated. One reason was due to the fact that I wasn't too fond of her threats nor was I a fan of the fact that she knew something that no one other than Simone, Cody and I knew. I feared the fact that she knew too much and was able to access more information if she wanted to.

I took a deep hit from my blunt, and let the smoke surround my face as I looked down at my left hand; my ring finger still wore the tattoo of her initials and the sleeve on my arm that was filled with the baby pictures of all my children.

Although deep down I didn't expect her to stay around for too long, she didn't have much of a choice. Staying married to her despite our obvious differences was based more on income than it was on love. Being a man with a criminal record made me an easy target for police, which is why marrying Samantha was the perfect financial plan that I ever made. A few years into this business, after realizing I was making more than I expected; I opened an account in her name, Nya's name, Elise's name and recently just opened one in Carters. Sam's however had a majority of my money as opposed to the rest of them. The moment she brought the word divorce to a lawyer, they would be able to dig up the fact that she had access to my whole empire. I moved out because I knew that with the way things were going; I was risking a potential divorce that I knew I couldn't afford.

"Who's winning?!" I heard Eazy ask, His dreads that were normally pulled back were now hanging around his face. He pulled up a seat next to me, and I held out the blunt I had between my fingers, but instead of taking it he shook his head and smirked. "I let go of that a while ago."

"You?!" I asked, raising my brow. "But Raptors are up for now.

"For now... and Yes. A few cigarettes here and there but things are different now. I try to stay away from old habits."

"Seems like I've missed a lot." I took a deep hit, then put it out in the ashtray as I exhaled. "How's Andres?"

"He's good. they called me earlier, letting me their flight landed. Now that I know they're good; I can relax."

"That father life."

"I'm telling you," he let out a long sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. "Never did I ever expect my life to be the way it is now. I though I'd be dealing and gang banging my whole life. Now look at me, worried about flu shots and after school programs for my son?"

"Hey! What you trying to say bro? I still gotta worry about all that."

"My bad, my bad." He said with a chuckle. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, yeah." I shook my head and leaned back in the chair. "But I feel you. I love being a dad and love my kids more than life itself but I too never thought I would be in this position."

"I bet, I got one... you got a whole three under your belt."

"Three." I said with a smirk, we sat in silence for a bit before I watched London stroll into the kitchen in a short white robe, she greeted me with a long kiss. "Hungry?" she asked us. I watched them both give her a nod but I shook my head; I knew better, the only thing London knew how to cook was mac & cheese. "Anyways, back to business. How's the relocation going Cody?"