10. Movin' On Up

Alonzo Flemington

Around me sat a bunch of my best, strongest and most loyal men to my crew, they sat quietly as I reviewed the footage that had been placed in front of me. The office space was tense as my jaw clenched, and blood boiled at the sight. "How the hell is this supposed to help me?!" I yelled, slamming the laptop shut. "This is all you guys have for me?!" I looked up into the eyes of a couple of my tech guys that had brought the little bit of footage they were able to scrap up before the fire.

"Yes boss, that's all that was left." I sighed out of frustration and ran my fingers through my hair. I replayed the video about 10 times; there were two individuals, masked up with a clear motive. They broke into the safe, one pointed at the camera, threw up a middle finger then set the place on fire. Those quick seven minutes were the only thing that was left from my condo. Not one face to search for, just two individuals that were obviously smarter than me at this point.

"Nothing from the living room or front door camera?"

"Nothing boss, those were turned off even before the party began."

"So, it's obvious that it had to have been someone on the inside?"

"Or Nya turned them off so she wouldn't get caught."

"Fuck!" I slammed my fist against the desk in front of me and sat back. Now that I knew this was in fact arson as opposed to the accident others were ruling it as; it was confirmation that someone was trying to mess with me. Not to mention the fact that Nya's punishment had just went up a notch. "So none of you have a clue who this might've been?!" I asked raising my brow, "How about you Jerome? You weren't at the party last night?"

"I stopped by... only to try and tell Nya that I thought the party was a bad idea, I got there a couple minutes before the fire."

"And none of you idiots were on duty to confirm or deny that?" I asked, looking around the room at the apologetic and worrisome men that sat across from me. "Idiots..." I hissed out. "Have you tried getting surveillance from the building?" I spoke toward Cody who stood by my side.

"We did, they said the police have already taken a look; with the volume of teenagers at the party it could've been anyone."

"I don't know man..." I said, shaking my head. "I really don't know. It's like you guys don't respect me. I put food in your mouth, clothes on your back and here you are... slacking off on my time?" my brow raised as I leaned forward, "Do you understand that every breath you take is on my time? Without me you dumbasses are nothing but idiots without one damn credential to your name. I give you guys and inch of greatness and you decided to take a mile at the wrong damn time!" I could feel the heat coming from my face as I spoke.

"Babe!" I looked towards the door to see London's head popping into my office. "I know you're busy and all but the real estate agent is on the phone, she wants to know when we'll be coming."

"In a moment."

"Alright, because people are making offers and she wants to hear from us before she does anything."

"I understand. Give me a moment please."

"Alright." She closed the door behind her and I returned my attention back to the group. "What's the next move Cody?"

"Well one thing I do know; you need to move your money." He said, placing a map of the city on the desk in front of me; with circles around the areas where I had trap houses. "This person knows where you live so they must've been watching you. You moving is good but it isn't enough, it's clear that it's your money that they're after."