15: Personal

Charlotte Evans

"This place is amazing." I said in awe, while nudging Travis who walked into the Hilton next to me, he ignored me however as he had been doing throughout the whole journey here. I just let it go though, knowing he was probably tired.

The hotel was to die for, the gold and red interior along with chandeliers and how spacious it was tied everything together. I had been to the one's in Toronto frequently but that was so long ago that this all felt so new to me. Travis was dressed to the T in his slim fit grey suit with two packed duffle bags in his hands, meanwhile I stood next to him still in the gardening outfit that I had stolen.

After dropping by his house and getting a few things, we had been driving for hours upon hours, he was so focussed on getting as far away from the city as he could, to the point where we hadn't eaten a thing, but Gas station snacks. It was now morning and I was in need of both a freedom shower and a meal, and this was the perfect place to have my first ones.

"Welcome to the Hilton." The elderly man at the front desk said with such enthusiasm as we approached. Next to him sat two younger women that wore training badges on their maroon uniform tops.

"Room for Travis Newman."

"May I have a piece of I.D. as well as the credit card used to book the room?" he asked, and without wasting a minute Travis placed the items onto the desk. "Thank you sir, just give me one moment please."

"Make it quick." Travis barked at him, while looking behind his back constantly. I had still been gawking at the hotel lobby's beauty but hearing him speak like that caught me off guard. I raised my eyebrow and looked over at him. I cleared my throat, removed my sunglasses and he caught my glare.

"Put your sunglasses back on." Travis whispered before turning back to the man. "My apologies sir, My wife and I have just been driving for a while and really need to get some shut eye."

"Understandable." The employee said with a huge grin before handing back the items. "Here are your keys for room 1423, Elevators are located on your right, room service is available 24/7, and our restaurant closes at 10 if interested. Enjoy your stay."

"Thank you very mu-."

"Oh, my goodness! You're Charlotte Evans!" I heard one of the women in training say while running from behind the counter. "I'm such a huge fan! May I please get a picture!" she shrieked while holding her phone up.

"Uh... unfortunately she's not taking pictures at the moment." Trav said, as he grabbed the phone just before she could snap the picture.

"C'mon one picture won't hurt!" she argued, while trying to take the phone back from him, by this time I was now getting attention from everyone that stood in the lobby. "And I never knew you were married, I'm a mega fan and they didn't mention this on Wikipedia. Are you pregnant? Why have you been in hiding? Are you working on another film? Developing a new store? Starting a makeup line? Spill the tea sis, I need to know... what happened to you and Drake?"

I flashed her a soft smile. "I'd love to answer all your questions but soon and very soon you'll know everything. As for now this really isn't a good time for me, my husband and I are in town for a funeral and we'd love it if we could have some privacy."

"Oh... I'm so sorry... I really didn't know, my condolences."

"Of course you didn't know, don't worry about it. Thank you so so much for understanding." I handed her back her phone, and grabbed a hold of Travis' hand. "I'll make it up to you, I swear."

"Okay, we love you!"

"I love you all too!" I waved, before heading to the elevator. It came immediately and we got in alone, the moment the doors closed we both let out a sigh of relief. "Close one."