17: Beyond What You See

MUST READ BEFORE READING CHAPTER:

Bout to try this again. As i stated earlier with wattpad being down and now giving any clarification to whether or not the problem has been fixed, I won't know if you get this notification. So please, my lovely readers help me out by commenting that you've gotten the notification or hit a like if it's still in the read-mode only setting. If you don't do any of the two I'm going to assume that you guys aren't and remove it.
Thank you guys so much for corresponding with me, i was just as lost as most of you!

Anyways, enjoy!

Charlotte Evans

I balanced the plates of food in my hand as I used my elbow to elevator door shut. I felt close to a heat stroke in the amount of clothing that I was dressed in to keep my cover, and sadly it wasn't enough; real fans recognized me the moment I got downstairs. Luckily, the elderly man from yesterday was able to clear the way and get me out with more than enough food to spare us until check out. A million thoughts were running through my head at a mile a minute; it went from Eazy, to Andres, to Travis and even myself and the life that I could've had. The life that I was taken away from.

Although, I was enjoying finally being able to be with Travis it was another day, and we hadn't moved an inch. I was trying my best to keep my composure and my comments to myself but I was growing impatient, we had to move and we had to do it fast. Travis on the other hand was so focused on playing it safe that he didn't have the same feeling towards this as I did. I had had enough of just sitting up in some hotel room waiting for magic to happen. Staying in this one place was far too risky.

"Anything yet?" I asked him, as I made my way back into our room with some breakfast from downstairs.

"Uh, I found a couple flights but they're separate."

"How far apart?"

"Few hours, I'm just waiting on my bitcoin investment, so I could pay for it."

"And how long's that going to take?"

"I'm watching it."

"Travis, I don't understand... I'm trying to keep my comments to myself and all... but you work for one of the wealthiest men in the world. How is it that you have nothing to your name?"

"Don't insult my intelligence Char. I do have something to my name, however; It's important that I play it smart, especially with him monitoring my accounts." He sighed and put his laptop onto the side of the bed, he stood up and stretched then finally made his way over to me for some food. "What did you get us?" he took up one of the plates and brought it over to the little dining area of the room with me following behind him.

"I think that it's time for me to testify..." I said out of nowhere, taking a seat on his exposed leg. "I want to report this whole situation, I want my freedom."

"What are you even talking about Charlotte?"

"I was in the elevator thinking, I've already done the hardest task... I'm out, now instead of sitting here and risking that I need to tell the police."

"Sounds wonderful," Travis said sarcastically as he stuffed his mouth with half of a pancake. "While you're at it, let them know you killed the poor security guard as well."

"I don't care, it's self defense if they ask."

"Charlotte, this is America... you're a black woman and that was a white guard. What the hell is a self defense, you know all the system sees is color."