23: Another Side of You

Alonzo Flemington

"Get her out of my room." I said slowly.

"Alonzo baby, she just came in here to apologize."

"I don't give a fuck about an apology from her, she tried to kill me."

"That was the past, I've changed." Charlotte pleaded, raising her hands in defense.

"I don't care. Get the hell out of my room!" I said with a bit more bass in my voice now. My throat felt dry enough to catch afire but her being here was rubbing me the wrong way. I didn't know what had happened and couldn't get to the bottom of it until she was gone.

A doctor came into my room with a nurse behind him, after Nya. "Mr. Flemington, good to have you back." The white man said taking out his stethoscope right away. He quickly placed it against my chest while the nurse checked the monitors that I was connected to. The whole time, I wasn't able to keep my eyes off the enemy in the room. After everything, seeing a snake was the last thing I needed.

"Get her out of my damn room!" I shouted again, causing the doctor to jump. His eyes widened and he looked in the direction of Charlotte.

The nurse took control of the situation, before I had to jump out of this bed. "I'm sorry ma'am but you're going to need to leave." She said, guiding Charlotte out of my room finally.

"Daddy? Are you okay?" Elise whispered with fear written across her face as she sat in Rocky's lap. I let out a breath of relief "I'm okay, baby." I assured her and I reached out to get her to come into my arms, then realizing that I had been cuffed to my bed. "What the hell is all this?" I asked Sam, specifically.

"Dad, do you mind taking the kids out?" she asked, he nodded and she waited until he had gathered everyone and cleared the room before turning back to me. "I'll explain all of that later Zo, just let the doctor check your vitals first please."

"Nah, what the hell is this shit? Why am I here? What happened to me? Who the hell died?"

"Can you just wait for a moment? Right now, your health is more important." She placed her hand against my forearm then returning her attention back to the doctor. "Proceed."

"Thank you, Mrs. Flemington." He reached into his pocket and took out a flashlight, shining it into my eyes, he then shone one into my ears, checked my blood pressure he then asked me if I could wiggle my toes for him, which I did, move my fingers, which I did, and follow his finger as he moved it, which I did. I wanted my answers so I figured getting this out of the way would give me them.

Once he was done he glanced at his nurse in a strange way, a way that he thought I didn't catch, she nodded then grabbed a chart from a cubby near the door of my room. "Mr. Flemington. I'm Doctor Woodlands, and I've been working with you for the past few days. Tracking your progress and doing everything in my power to have you out here and walking as soon as possible."

"And we thank you for that." Samantha said before I could.

"It's my job," he smirked, taking the folder from the nurse. "I'm going to ask you a few questions first." Is that alright with you?"

"You done saved my life, so might as well."

"Alright, well I want to know... over the past few months did you find yourself acting out of character?"

"Yes." Samantha answered, for me once again. "Like a huge asshole to be exact."

"And, have you been getting headaches? Find yourself getting dizzy?"

"Well, sometimes but I figured I was just stressed from work or the kids."

"I see, what about speech difficulties?"