7. Literally, Lit

Hope you guys are paying attention because I'm dropping hints throughout the chapters.

Anyways this chapter is dedicated to KimderlynDGore @althenaallure & BlaiseMaia thanks for the support guys xo ❤️
Nya Flemington

"I came up from nothing nigga you can't tell me shit yeah
Did it on my own, check out neck check my wrist yeah
I swear I ain't never expected it to be like this
Now a nigga gettin' rich I swear everyday we lit yeah
Everyday we lit yeah, you can't tell me shit yeah
'Member I was broke yeah, now I'm gettin' rich yeah
Yeah when yo' diamonds colder than a bitch, then you know you lit
When you quick to take a nigga bitch, then you know you lit
Everyday we lit yeah everyday we lit yeah"

The space was packed to the brim with bodies bouncing around to the sickest DJ, playing banger after banger. "This is the party of the year!" Natalia shouted into my ear, "and it's all because of you baby Ny." She was right, just looking around and seeing everyone enjoy themselves was enough for me to know that I was going to be the talk of school from now on. However, being who I was... I couldn't stop myself from overthinking. With this much people in such a small place, something was bound to happen. I felt my phone in my bra, and pulled it out to see Aaliyah calling; knowing her she was probably trying to fix the issue but I was so drunk that I feared what would escape my lips and with the amount of thoughts running through my head; I didn't want to say something I would regret. I ignored it and placed it right back into my bra.

As the music changed, we got off the counter and she found her way into Jerome's arms, leaving me alone. I took a gulp of whatever Natalia had mixed up for me, I even got a chance to get a hold of one of the many blunts that had been going around the party. I took a couple hits, passed it back then once I looked up, I turned my head to see Lucas standing in the corner with a couple guys from the football team. I smiled to myself, drank a bit more then tossed my cup into the trash.

I made my way through the crowd, swaying my hips to the beat of Dirty Wine - Wizkid ft. Ty Dolla Sign until I stood in front of him. "Hey," I slurred, holding onto his arm for balance.

"What's up?" as he spoke, he dapped up a couple of the guys that were walking past us.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"What's there to talk about?" he hung his head low so he could hear me and so that I could hear him.

"Why were you ignoring me earlier?"

"I just didn't like the vibe I was getting from you." He shrugged, "the way you did shorty in the café wasn't cool."

"Ugh, oh please." I rolled my eyes. "First you're flirting with her in the hall. Now you're standing up for her?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Nya."

"I'm talking about you and that dumb hoe... like what the hell does she have that I don't?" I scoffed, "I shouldn't even be asking that question, her and I don't even stand in the same category. To choose her over me would be a tragedy on your end." I said, flipping my hair.

"I think... I'd rather the tragedy." He removed my hand from his arm and surprisingly, he brushed by me, leaving me with the rest of the guys he came with. My face grew warm with embarrassment as I looked around to make sure no one had just seen that.

I sighed out my frustration, and out of the corner of my eye I could see two individuals headed towards my dad's office. I was in no condition to run after them but I used the wall as my crutch and walked in the direction of the room. However, before I could get there I felt someone tug on my arm; I turned to see Natalia holding two cups in her hands. "There you are! Where have you been?"