23. Last Words

From that day on, Overwatch was never the same.

Months past and the organization was put on surveillance. Overwatch agents were not allowed to use their special abilities, unless they were given a green light by the government. Many of the agents left HQ and went back to their home towns. The ones that stayed were Hana, Genji, Winston, and Angela. Jack went rogue and disappeared once Overwatch was disbanded.
__________________________________

It was 1:26 am, everyone was asleep except for Hana. She wasn't able to sleep. Thoughts roamed through her head at night about Overwatch and Genji. Hana would usually work it off or play video games, but none of those things usually helped. Instead she went into McCrees room and got his guitar, then she began to play with it. Her fingers slowly and gently strummed the guitar. It took her a minute to find a melody, but once she found it, Hana began to sing.

(Play video)

Hana's angelic voice filled in the silence in the building. She was singing from the heart, and made up the song along the way.

As Hana sang, Genji woke up from the beautiful piece. He followed the sound downstairs and found Hana singing. The cyborg smirked and watched as the young girl played her heart out. He admired every move she made as she played the instrument. Then he began to listen to the words that she was saying, and realized that she was hurting. Genji was about to interrupt Hana until Angela stopped him.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Angela said with a sarcastic voice and smile. Genji shook his head, "I can never miss one of her performances" he smirked.

The two went silent to listen to Hana's song.

Angela sighed, "They're right."

Genji cocked his head with confusion, "what do you mean doctor?" The angel gently smiled, "we are freaks and monsters... we always cause destruction."

Genji stood up tall and grabbed Angela's hands. "Never say that again. We are not freaks or monsters, we are here to protect. Nobody ever said it was going to be easy and beautiful." The female doctor began to blush as the cyborg and her held hands. Genji didn't think of the contact as anything more than a friend. "Angela, you saved my life. Now what kind of a monster would do such a thing? Thank you..." his voice faded with a smile. Angela coughed from embarrassment, "ahh- You're welcome! N-no need to thank me! Just doing my job!"

Genji then smiled again and let go of her hands once he finished talking. The Angel's bright red face began to go peach again. Their focus went back onto Hana.

The 18yr old girl began to cry.

Genji's heart broke from the sight.

The song pierced into the two members hearts, making them shed a couple tears. "She's been through a lot.." Angela told Genji. The cyborg sighed, "she deserves to be happy... and I am not helping her. I believe I need to confront my past until I can go into the future."

Angela didn't say a word. Words didn't or couldn't form in her mind to come out of her mouth. The doctor just patted the cyborgs back and gave him a fake smile.

Hana stopped singing and playing. The two thought it was over, until Hana began to strum the guitar again. Her voice roared through the building.

The second piece was thanking someone.

Genji's eyes widened and listened to every word she said.

(Listen to the song until it is over)

Hana dropped the guitar, and fell onto her knees. Genji jolted and went to Hana's side. "H-Hana!" Genji called out while hugging her. The young girl was in shock, she thought she was alone. "Ge-genji... did.. did you hear my song?" The cyborg gently smiled, "I did... and it was beautiful." Hana let out a faint smile. "Thank you, I'm just really tired right now...I used all my energy to come up with that piece."

Genji caressed her cheek, "of course, I'll take you to your room." He slowly picked her up and cradled her like a baby. Hana immediately fell asleep as she laid her head on his chest to hear his heart beat. Angela watched from upstairs, but then disappeared back into the darkness as she saw Genji carrying Hana back upstairs.

Once they were upstairs, Genji took Hana into her room and gently laid her on the bed. He smiled at the sight of the adorable girl sleeping and drooling.  Genji turned his back and headed towards the door, until something stopped him.

From the darkness in the room, a demonic face he recognized appeared

Genji's eyes widened.

"N-no.. not here..." Genji whispered to his evil half.

"Ohh, but you must! We have a perfectly good meal right there" the demonic voice growled in his head. Genji tried leaving the room but the voice always stopped him.

"You're not going anywhere until you give me what I want!" The voice growled.

"I AM NOT GOING TO KILL HER!"

Hana woke up to his scream.

"G-Genji?..." she called out as she was rubbing her eyes. Once Hana's sight wasn't hazy anymore she looked around her room and saw Genji's body figure in the corner with darkness around him.

Her eyes widened, "Genji?.. what's wrong?" She coughed out with fear.

He walked out of the darkness and into the faint light of the moon. "Sorry dear, Genji is sleeping. I hope you don't mind if I take your soul" Horns grew out of his forehead and his eyes turned bright red.

Hana's eyes widened.

"Now, how about that? You're scared! Just the way I like my meals before I kill them" he chuckled out with a devilish grin.

He drew out the sword and aimed it towards the young girl. "Any last words?"

Hana bowed her head, "I love you"

"H-huh?!..." the demon was so confused and surprised.

Hana stood up from her bed and walked towards Genji's other half. "I said.. I... love... you..." once she was close enough, she placed the palm of her hand on his cheek. Hana stared into the demons eyes. "I love you Genji, and I will always love you..."

The demons aura changed. Genji's normal self came forward but half of the demon was still active. "Hana...I- I am so sorry..." he cried out, "you are not safe around me anymore..." Hana shut him up with a kiss. "Don't say these negative things. I love you and I need you in my life... so please don't ever leave me..."

Genji's eyes widened with relief. His body began to change. His horns slowly disappeared and his eyes went back to normal.

Hana hugged him. Genji returned the hug but with a little more affection.

"I'll never leave you... Hana Song"

________________________________

YOOO I AM BACKKKK!!! I AM SOOO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING ;-; SOOO I OWED YOU GUYS A LONG CHAPTER! HERE YA GOOOOO (-; I hope you guys enjoyed! Please like, comment, and follow! Add this to your library for updates! Thank you guys sm!! I love you all!!!

YouTube Video: "My Song" by LeeandLie

Picture: Pinterest (Oni Genji)

Anime: Angel Beats