20. Peace

(Play video)

"This is Angela Ziegler, she's also known as Mercy" Jack said to Hana with a smile, "just think of her as a mother"

Hana spoke in English with a Korean accent, "M-oth-er?" Jack chuckled and patted Hana on the back. "Yes! Mother!" Angela smiled and handed Hana a little welcoming gift.

The little Korean girl stared and admired the gift she was given. It was covered in light blue wrapping paper, and was topped off with a pearl pink bow.

"Go ahead kiddo, open it" Jack said with a friendly grin. Hana couldn't resist. The young girl didn't want to ruin the beautiful bow and the wrapping paper, so she started to unwrap the gift slowly. Several minutes later, she finally was able to open the box.

A pair of headphones appeared.

Hana's face expression was priceless.

She took them out of the box and analyzed them. She had no clue on what they were. Jack then explained to her that they were going to help her learn English.

"He-lp m-me?" Hana questioned him.

"Yes, when you put them on and press this button, the headphones will translate for you. This will help you learn faster." Jack said as he placed the headphones on her.

Morrison activated the head gear for Hana.

He spoke to make sure the device worked. "How's that?"

Hana's eyes widened with amazement, "woah..." Jack smiled at the little girl, then turned to the angel and blushed towards her.
_________________________________

Hana's POV

He's back...

Memories kept flooding my head as I ran.

"Hana, why are you sad?"

"I can't remember my parents names... nor can I remember their faces...."

"Come. Let's watch some movies and I'll make some popcorn" —

I suddenly tripped over a rock and fell.

"AGHH-"

I planted my hands on the ground first before I landed on my face. My hands, and knees slid on the concrete ground. I felt my skin scrape off as I tried getting up. "Oww... stupid rock" I mumbled out as I dusted off the dirt from my clothes. Out of nowhere, for some reason, I decided to look up at the sky. I sighed.

Peaceful.

At that moment, at that very moment, the world seemed peaceful.

Stars covered the dark blueish sky. I was in the middle of nowhere, so I was able to see the stars better. I never knew they were so beautiful. My mind went at ease. It felt as if I was able to cry out my problems and forget as if it never happened. From the distance I heard a voice call out my name. Genji? Suddenly the sky became dull again...

The bright yellow stars faded away.

I whispered, "come back..."

Seconds later, Genji found me.

"Hana?!" He yelled out at me, "Are you okay?" Genji then noticed my small cuts from the fall. "You're hurt"