chapter 2

Angel's POV

When I pulled up in the driveway of Jinxx's house I sat in the car for a minute just thinking. He had his garage door shut and I had to beep my horn three times for him to finally open it.

When I walked in he looked at me with a worried expression on his face. Anyone could easily see that I was crying. Before I came in I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my red, puffy, aching eyes. I didn't care though.

He quickly pulled me into a hug and sat me on the couch.

-Angel what's wrong?- he asked. Concern in his shakey voice.

-He did it again. He took her side even though I was right. And she knew I was!- I exclaimed.

-Angel what did they do this time? I can't help you if you don't tell me.- he reassured. I had to breath for a minute to keep myself calm.

-Well we were sitting there on the couch watching TV.  Dad got up to get a drink and she immediately started on me with the 'oh why do you dress like that? Are you emo or something?' and stuff like that.- I said trying to hold back hot tears.

-Okay. Then what?- he asked. -I stared at her until I finally got the guts to say something.-

*Flashback*

-I'm getting a drink. You want anything?- My dad asked as he got up.

-No thanks.- I said. -No.- my step mother Debra replied in a harsh tone. -Angel? Why do you dress like that?- she asked.

-Like what?- I asked confused.

-Nevermind. it's probably just because your mother lets you. She doesn't know what she's doing anyways.- she said codly. I felt my blood begin to boil as she talked about my mother like that. No one did. She was going to pay.

-Listen. Instead of talking bad about my mother why don't you find a parenting class and take it. Cause god only knows what you've done to your kids before. So don't talk about my mother like that for your pleasure.- I yelled furiously at Debra. She just looked at me with a shocked expression. -Don't give me that look because you know its true!- I continued.

-Woah! I get up for one second and all I can here is screaming! What's going on?- my father said as he walked in from the kitchen. I just ignored him and walked out of the house mad. I started to run towards my car when my dad grabbed my arm and turned me around so I was facing him. -Angel! Get back here right now!- he said in monotone.

I pulled away from what felt like a death grip he had on me. -No! I will not let her do this to me anymore! I can't take it!- I yelled as I walled to my car. -Angel wha- he started to say but I cut him off.

-Whats wrong is that your skank of a wife doesn't know when to shut her mouth! She made Fun of me again dad! And she started to bad mouth mom! So I put her in her place!- I screamed. I then started to walk towards my car. When I got in I drove for a few minutes until I got to a red light and that's when I called you.

*End of Flashback*

Jinxx looked at me with wide eyes as if to say how sorry he felt for me. He pulled me into another hug as we sat on the couch. I was still in tears trying to convince

myself to stop. -Angel?- he asked. I looked up and nodded. -Do you want to come here for now? I'll let you stay. In fact why don't we get your things and you can move in with me.- he said.

I looked up and almost tackled my brother in a hug. -I don't want to be a bother to you.- I said. -You won't be. I promise.-He said. I loved my brother so much. He was always there for me through everything.