Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Finnick Pov.

They find Katniss and I. Katniss does an interview about how her and Peeta met, I say that I can do an interview.

I tell the world Snow's biggest secret. "Poison, he used it on his political competitors. He drank a little to, to try to cancel himself out as a suspect. But the antidotes don't always work, he has sores in his entire mouth. Which is why he carries roses, to mask the smell of the blood that fills his mouth."

They call cut. I sit with Katniss in silence, we're both nervous.

She breaks the ice and asks, "Did you love Annie right away, Finnick?"

"No," I remember when I knew I loved her, spending a long time envisioning the moment. "She crept up on me."

"They're back," Haymitch tells us. "We're wanted in the hospital, that's all I know."

Then I hear her, the broken voice of Annie. "Finnick!" she yells.

I run towards her, I catch her in my arms but I'm not using my strength at all so we fall back into the wall.

"Annie, I can't believe you're-"

She cuts me off, "What did I promise you?"

"You said would never leave me." she kisses me for the first time in forever.

I feel like it's been eternity since I've held her in my arms.

"I love you." I tell her, I've been waiting to say that to her for a long time.

"I love you too." those four short words bring tears to my eyes. Her eyes water up to, she grabs her stomach.

"Annie are you okay?" I ask.

"Uh, yea." she says.

I feel my face get tense. "What did they do to you?" I ask nervously.

"Don't worry about it, I'm okay now." she tells me.

"Annie, what did they do to you?" I ask.

"I was just... Cut a couple times." she tells me.

I take my eyes away from her face and notice the dozens of cuts on her arms and legs.

"Annie I'm so, so sorry, I shouldn't have kept it from you, I just wanted revenge on Snow for both of us so bad that, I put you in danger." I tell her.

"You didn't put me in danger, I did. I kept telling them that I didn't know anything and that even if I did I would never tell them." she says.

"Why didn't you just say you didn't know anything? They probably thought you were lying." I ask.

"It's okay, they stitched me up on the way here and I'll be fine. I promise." she tells me.

I kiss her again. I've been missing her so much I wasn't able to stop myself, but she doesn't seem to mind. "I'll take you to our compartment."

We get up and I grab her hand, I feel like I have death grip on it. "Ow, you're squeezing my hand really hard." she giggles a little.

"Sorry!" I say.

"Don't be, just loosen your grip a little, I'm not going anywhere." she tells me.

We get to our compartment. She looks around.

"It's not much, but it's safe." I tell her.

"It's still nice, bigger than my house in six, or the cell." she says.

"Cell?" I ask. We sit down.

"What did you think? They didn't put us in a fancy suite before and after they tortured us." she says.

"Were you in that room filled with weapons and different torture devices?" I ask nervously.

"Yea... why?" she asks.

"I've been there before, it's in Snow's mansion. I was wandering around and I wasn't supposed to see it, but I did." I explain.

"I wasn't tortured as bad as Johanna, though. They kept dumping water on her and electrocuting her at the same time. Peeta, I don't know what they did exactly. But he said... the worst things about Katniss one minute, and the next he was crying because he missed her." she tells me.

"Thats... Odd." I say. "I don't think you're telling me everything they did to you though."

"There's one other thing they did besides cut me," she tears up. "They would take a child, and put him or her in front of me and kill the kid."

"Annie, I can't believe they did that, I'm sorry."

"They said that since hurting me didn't work they would make me responsible for another child's death." she tells me. "They did it five times."

"Come here," I tell her and she sits on my lap and I hold her. I've never felt so much better before. I've needed her, she's needed me. We have each other again, and this time, I'll never let her go.