Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Annie Pov.

"Annie? Annie? Annie?" I hear four voices trying to get me to respond.

I finally sit up.

"Annie you okay?" Kim asks.

"Yea, what, what, happened?" I ask.

"You kinda passed out," Nixon tells me and shrugs.

"Oh..." Is all I say. "Why?"

"I would guess you passed out when Finnick left." Kim guesses.

"It does make the most since," Xavier agrees.

"Really?" they nod. "That's why?"

"Annie that's the only thing that makes since," Kim tells me.

"Yea, I guess so." I say. Xavier and Nixon each grab one of my hands to stand me up. "Thanks, and don't tell Finnick you held my hand."

They all laugh. I laugh too. But then I start to cry.

Kim understands right away, she also suffers from these things too. "Annie, it's okay."

"No, it's not. I'm trying to pretend like it's okay, when in reality, I'm just, miserable." I tell her.

She hugs me, "It'll get better."

"No it won't, not unless he comes out of the arena." I say.

"I think he will," Xavier chimes in.

"Me too. I'd bet every dollar I got." Nixon agrees.

"I know he has a good chance, but we all know that the tributes that see him as a threat will target him first."

"Annie, you really think he's going to give up? That guy is crazy about you and he is going to kill everyone if he has to." Kim tells me.

"I know," I start to smile. My emotions are especially mixed up today. "I'm gonna go in my room for awhile though okay?"

"Annie, if you need to talk to me, or to these two," Kim says pointing to herself and then to Xavier and Nixon. "We'll talk to you, you just have to stop bottling up your emotions. We are here for you. You got my back, and I got yours."

"Thanks Kim, I'll let you know if I need to talk." I say.

"Good." she nods and I go in my room. I try to fall asleep. It's harder than I thought, I should be used to it. But I'm not. I try to pretend he's there. It doesn't work though.