Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Annie Pov.

As Nixon, Kim, Xavier, and me are sitting on the couch and trying to figure out where the heck those two could've gone, they come up the elevator. Although I'm tempted to run to the elevator and see him, I sit on the couch. Letting my anger show. He needs to know that it scares me when he goes places and doesn't tell me. I'm not trying to sound controlling, but at the same time when he wants me to know where he's going he leaves me a note or tells someone else in the house to tell me when he is. When he doesn't want me to know where he is, he doesn't do any of that. He walks over to the couch and sits next to me as close as possible. I scoot over so that I'm farther away from him.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." he grins and scoots closer to me.

I roll my eyes. I still don't talk to him. I can sense that he's lying to me. With his flirting and not telling me where he went. After years of knowing him, it gets easier to read his different behaviors.

"Annie," his voice gets serious and a little sad, "please say something."

"Where were you?" I ask.

"I got a call this morning. It was some victors thing, they didn't ask you to go because they know how you feel about your games. Mags and I are the oldest victors so that's why they didn't invite Nixon, Xavier, and Kim." he explains.

I think before answering. I don't know if I believe him, but then again, I never know if I believe him or not. But I wouldn't be here without him, and I couldn't picture him not being with me no matter what.

"I don't know if I believe you." I whisper and look in his eyes that look like they're going to burst into a million tears. "But, I'm not going to argue with you about it. And I'm going to take your word."

He hugs me, "I wish you could trust me. But I want to tell you how much it means to me that you're taking it all so well."

"I never said I was taking it well. I just, I literally can't live without you." I tell him. He gives me a sad smile and then kisses me.

I wish I could trust him. Unless Snow dies and he tells me everything, I won't be able to ever trust him the way that he wants me to.