Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Finnick Pov.

Annie starts to cry when she realizes what this means. I stand up in rage.

"They can't do that!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I break the TV. I scream different swear words at it like it's going to make me feel better.

I look back at Annie, knowing I should comfort her instead of throwing a tantrum, but I'm so infuriated right now it's crazy.

"Annie I won't let you go back in." I tell her, calming myself down and sitting with her again.

"Finn, if I get picked, you think Kim will volunteer for me? She struggles with her memories of the arena like me. She might be my friend but she wouldn't volunteer to go back to the place of nightmares." Annie tells me. "And I wouldn't want Mags to volunteer for me. She's done so much for us already, I wouldn't expect her to die for me. And I know how close you are to Nixon and Xavier, but please don't volunteer for them if they're picked. Please."

"I won't. But someone has to volunteer if you're picked, I can't let you go back."

"Finnick, you and I both know that Pearl is going to pull out my name. And I don't want Kim or Mags to volunteer for me. Kim is one of my best friends, and Mags wouldn't live. You and I both know that." she tries to persuade me. It's not working.

"Annie I just want to do one thing before the second arena." I tell her.

"What?" she asks.

"Let's get married."

"When?"

"I don't know, can you get a dress today? I can get someone to do the ceremony and we can invite Mags and the others. Do it on the beach."

"Okay." she smiles for a second but it quickly fades away. "I can't believe they're doing this to us. We won already. We shouldn't have to go back."

I suddenly realize why we're going back in. The rebellion. Katniss. They told me awhile ago. They were rebelling in eight, and eleven. Here. We refused to give them fish. I got the call from Plutarch telling me about it, I don't think they knew that Snow was going to do this. I hope they tell me about the new plan, these victors cannot die. Katniss can't die. Peeta can't die. Johanna can't die. I can't die. And most importantly, Annie can't die.