Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Finnick Pov.

I'm knocked out right away, I wake up as soon as I'm able to though. I feel better, all my cuts and injuries are gone. I walk into a different part of the hovercraft where I see Haymitch and Plutarch.

"Where's Annie?" I ask.

"Finnick, sit down." Plutarch tells me.

I sit down.

"The Capital got her, along with Peeta and Johanna." Haymitch tells me.

"You said if I protected them her and I would be together again!" I yell.

"We did everything we could, Finnick." Plutarch says.

I stand up, completely infuriated. "Clearly you didn't! You did everything you could to get Katniss and I out! I would bet everything I have that it didn't even cross your mind to even attempt to get her out of the Capital! They'll torture her! They'll think she knows something even though she doesn't know anything because you made me keep it secret from her!" I yell again.

"They won't think she knows anything, not in her condition." Plutarch tells me.

"You think they'll take pity on her because she has a stress disorder?! Since when does the Capital take pity on people?!" I ask loudly.

He doesn't say anything. I just grab my head and sit back down.

Katniss comes out with a syringe. "You and a syringe against the Capital? See this is why no one lets you make the plans, sweetheart." Haymitch says. "Drop it." He sits her next to me.

Plutarch slides her broth and a roll. "Eat."

Haymitch explains everything to her.

"You didn't tell me." She says in a hoarse voice similar to mine.

"You and Peeta weren't told, we were worried you would talk about it while in the games." Plutarch tells her.

"I still don't understand why Peeta and I were let in on the plan." she says even though it was just explained to her.

"You would be the first one the Capital tried to capture. The less you knew the better." Haymitch says.

"The first ones? Why?" she asks.

"For the same reason the rest of us agreed to die to keep you alive." I say.

"No, Johanna tried to kill me." Katniss says.

"Johanna knocked you out, cut the tracker from your arm, and then lead Brutus and Enobaria away from you." Haymitch explains.

"What?" she asks.

"We had to keep you alive, Katniss. As long as you live the rebellion lives." Plutarch tells her.

She pauses for awhile and then whispers, "Peeta?"

"The others kept Peeta alive so that you would remain in the alliance." Haymitch tells her.

"Where is Peeta?" she asks, angrily.

"He was picked up by the Capital along with Johanna and Enobaria." Haymitch tells her.

She lunges at him, and starts clawing at his face. Basically what I wanted to do to Plutarch when he told me that he 'couldn't' rescue Annie. I grab her, trying to stop her from attacking him.

"Katniss, I'm sorry." I tell her, I know how she feels right now. "They'll figure out he doesn't know anything pretty fast, and they won't kill him if they think they can use him against you."

"Like bait?" she asks. "Like how they'll use Annie for bait, Finnick?"

I start crying at the sound of her name. "I wish she was dead, I wish they were all dead, it would be best."

I know they're going to be tortured. And I don't want Annie to go through it. I rather have her be killed quickly then have her be tortured slowly. I can't believe they're doing this. I should've never agreed to the plan. I should've killed everyone in the arena like a normal tribute. I should've killed Katniss and Peeta in their sleep. I should've killed Johanna and Brutus and Beetee. And if I did, Annie might be safe. And now she's not, thanks to me. Mags is dead, Annie is probably dying. And there's nothing I can do about it. Except regret it for the rest of my life.