Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Annie Pov.

I see a note by my door. I grab it and open it up.

'Hey, finished your surprise, please meet me on the roof. Love, Finn'

I put on a dress that Annie gave to me yesterday, wondering if that's what the dress is for. I run to the elevator, I push the button that says 'roof'. For once, I'm excited about a surprise. I get up there and I see flowers all over the place, there's candles, and food, and most importantly, Finnick, on one knee, holding a black box in his hands. I cover my mouth with my hands in shock. I walk over to him.

He grabs my left hand and keeps the box in his other hand, "Annie, we've been through bad times, good times, happy times, sad times, and the only reason I was able to get through them was you."

My eyes fill with tears at all the bad and good memories. He keeps talking.

"I want to tell you that, you're my best friend, the love of my life, everything I've always wanted and more." now he starts tearing up.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else in the world. So, what I want to ask you is, Annie Cresta, will you marry me?"

I move my right hand from my mouth and smile. I know my cheeks are probably bright red from blushing. "Yes." he puts the ring with green and blue jewels on my left ring finger. He stands up, we kiss and he spins me around. "I love you."

"I love you too. Was this a good surprise?" he asks.

I laugh, "The best."