Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Finnick Pov.

I'm not saying I'm a professional actor or anything, but seriously, Katniss, cannot act. She doesn't seem like she's even trying to act in love with him. The Capital is eating this up of course, but this is the most entertaining thing that's happened in the games before. I wonder if Katniss already knows about the rebellion. If Haymitch wanted her to do the trick with the berries. I'm confused, I know why she did it though, and it wasn't because she's in love with Peeta. I'm not saying she doesn't care about him, But love? Just like hate, love is a strong word. It takes a lot to hate someone, it also takes a lot to love someone. I think she loves Peeta, she risked her life for him many times in the arena. But I don't know if she loves him the way he loves her. As we leave the interviews, I look over at Annie, who has some tears falling out of her eyes. She tries to stop them, but I've already seen them. I don't know why she's crying at first, then I remember what today is. She's going back home, I'm staying here. I hug her even though we're in the middle of the lobby.

"It's gonna be okay," I start, even though I'm not very convincing when I start crying as well.

"I'm tired of this, we keep leaving each other. When does it end?" she asks.

I know the answer, but I can't say it. "Annie, I'll be back soon."

She nods her head and I walk her and the other victors to the train station. Annie kisses me before she gets on. I hug the others, Kim always gets upset for me too when I go. Kim and Annie have a unique connection. When Kim is sad, Annie is sad, and vise versa. When the train leaves, I feel Snow's hand grab my shoulder with all his strength. Even though it doesn't hurt a bit.

"I still have trouble figuring out why, out of all people, you would want to marry her." I know I can't do anything back to him so I just ignore him. The only thing I wish I had right now, was a trident to stab right through his horrible, disgusting, evil head.