Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Annie Pov.

Tomorrow morning is the games. I can't believe that he has to go back in, this wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to be able to live in peace. I know that the reaping bowls were probably rigged. I know that all three of the female cards said my name and all the male cards said Finnick's name. I don't understand why. We didn't do anything in the past few years. We've been obeying Snow. But not I know why, Katniss. She hasn't obeyed Snow. I remember his words, "On the seventy-fifth anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capital, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors."

As a reminder to the rebels, so he talks about the rebels. So there are rebels, I wish I could be one, or become one somehow. Even the strongest cannot overpower the Capital, is he talking about the victors when he says this? We are considered the strongest, we killed people, survived in an arena with almost nothing, are we the strongest? I fall asleep, trying to answer all these questions.

----------------------------------------------

I wake up and kiss Finnick to wake him up. He wakes up and I remember a story that my mom used to read to me. About a princess named sleeping beauty who was awaken after a hundred years by her prince.

So I say, "Good morning sleeping beauty,"

"Don't call me that," we both laugh.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too." I sit up and hug him.

"I know you'll get back to me, you're the strongest out there. I know you're a good person though and you're not going to kill your friends like Johanna, but if it came down to it, promise me that,"

"I'll do anything to get back to you." he says.

"You have to win, you won once, you were the youngest, the strongest,"

"I'll win, I promise Annie," he promises.

"I know you will."