Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Annie Pov.

Today Finnick comes home. I go to the train station. I wait for it to come. I look at the big clock on the wall of the train station. Five minutes, just five minutes. Mags and the others said that they knew I wanted some alone time with him so they didn't come. Five minutes later the train pulls up, I see him walk out of it, with cameras behind him. I guess we won't be alone after all.

"Why were you in the Capital Mr. Odair?" One of the reporters asks, even though they probably know the answer. He ignores them. I walk away slowly, not wanting them to bombard me with questions too.

"Annie, wait up." he says, catching up to me.

"I don't want the cameras in my face." I tell him.

"Yea, I know." He says. He kisses me.

"I missed you."

I smile, "I missed you too. So why are they here?"

"I don't know," he looks back. Before I can say anything he picks me up and starts running.

"What are you doing?" I ask. Still smiling.

"You'll see." he keeps running we eventually lose them and we get to the beach.

"Oh," I see them in the jungle. "Lets go in the water. They have cameras they won't be able to follow us."

We go in the water. We can both hold our breath for a long time. I come out of the water and hear them. Finnick comes out to take a breath. We swim out farther and farther. We're treading the water. They won't be able to get to us now.

"Have you been okay?" he asks.

"Well I haven't tried to jump out of a window if that's what you mean." I say sarcastically and he laughs a little. "Not that great, a lot of nightmares."

"I had the worst nightmare of my life." he tells me.

"About what?" I ask.

"You weren't talking to me, I thought you were an avox. But you weren't, you just didn't want to talk to me because I lied to you." he tells me.

"Why would you think that I would do that?" I ask.

"Because I make dumb mistakes sometimes." He smiles a little.

"Well you're right about that." I tell him and we laugh. "Seriously though, I'm not going to leave you. So stop thinking it's going to happen."

"I'll stop thinking that when you trust me one hundred percent." he smirks a little. He's always trying to negotiate.

My face gets serious, "I do trust you."

"You do?" he asks.

"No that's why I agreed to marry you." I roll my eyes.

He smiles, "I love you."

"I love you too." We go back on to the shore, completely soaking wet.

The reporters follow us all the way to Finnick's house.

"How about this? Leave us alone and tomorrow night at five we will give you an interview." Finnick says.

They walk away.

"So we have an interview tomorrow?" I ask.

"Well, we could be in the water at five." he smiles.

"Smart. But I have an idea too." I tell him.

"What's that?" he asks.

"We do an interview, then I have a flashback, we go upstairs, climb out the window, leave a beach bag by the window, and go to the beach." I explain.

"You're an evil genius."