Chapter 61

Chapter 61

Annie Pov.

I don't know how I'm still alive, I've lost so much blood, I haven't ate in so long. I don't know how I'm still able to stand up. I feel like I'm completely drained, like I'm some kind of lifeless thing. I don't know how I'm even breathing. It seems impossible to be able to live through something like this. My limbs being cut at least twice every day, only being fed once every three days. It doesn't even make since. I just want it to end. I rather die than live another day of this. But I can't die, I made a promise. I promised that I would never leave him. I promised to never leave Finnick.

--------------------------------------

Finnick Pov.

We hear loud noises which must be bombs, but we are farther underground than usual. Nothing happens, and it's all thanks to Peeta who took a beating to warn us.

I sit on one of the beds, still not able to remove Annie from my thoughts, tying nots frantically and then untying them and then starting over. I feel like I'm going insane. I know I'm insane. I knew that without her I'd lose my mind, I told her I would before her games.

"This is what they're doing to you with Annie, isn't it?" Katniss asks.

"Well, they didn't arrest her for information, they know I'd never tell her anything like that. For her own protection." I tell her.

"Finnick, I'm so sorry." she says.

"No, I'm sorry, that I didn't warn you somehow." I say.

"You did warn me though, on the hovercraft. Only when you said when they would use Peeta against me, I thought you meant like bait, to lure me into the Capital somehow." She says.

"I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have mentioned how Snow operates." I tell her. I untie one the knot I was working on. "I didn't understand you when I met you. After your first games, I thought the whole romance thing was just an act on your part. We all expected you would continue that strategy. But it wasn't until Peeta hit the force field and nearly died that I-" I don't know what to say next, I don't want to accuse her of anything. She is pretty defensive and I don't have the energy for an argument.

"That you what?" she asks.

"That I knew I misjudged you. That you do love him. I'm not saying in what way. Maybe you don't know yourself. But anyone can notice that you do care for him." I tell her.

"How do you bear it?" she asks.

I'm completely shocked, she's worse with feelings than I thought. Maybe I'm just really sensitive when it comes to Annie being gone. I don't know, all I know is the answer to her question. "I don't Katniss! Obviously I don't! I drag myself out of nightmares each morning, and there's no relief when I wake up." She looks sad at my outburst. Yea, I guess the doctors are right, I'm really unstable. "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together, than it does to fall apart." She takes a deep breath. "The more you distract yourself, the better." I hand her my rope. "Here, I'll get a new one in the morning."

Plutarch and the others come up to us. Katniss has to do another propo.

"Can we have coffee?" I ask. They hand out cups of it. "Want a sugar cube?" I ask Katniss. I drop a few in her mug. "It improves the taste."

Katniss does her Mockingjay stuff. I roam around until Plutarch finds me.

"Finnick!" he yells, catching up to my fast pace walk. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Some of our soldiers are going to the Capital. They're going to rescue Annie, Peeta, and Johanna."

"Really?" I ask with the stupidest happy grin on my face. He nods. "It's about time!"

I smile and run down the halls. I keep yelling "She's coming! Annie's coming!"