Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Finnick Pov.

It's now morning, Cato hasn't died yet. His screams are becoming quieter and weaker. Annie is either awake and still not watching, or still asleep. Katniss finally shoots him, putting him out of his misery. She hugs Peeta, knowing they won. But Claudius doesn't congratulate the new victors.

Instead he says, "The previous rule change stating that two tributes that originate from the same district can become victors, has been, revoked. Let the games continue and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Annie hears and looks at the TV in shock. "They can't do that!"

"They're the Capital, they can do whatever they want." I tell her.

Peeta takes the shirt wrapped around his leg wound, unties it and throws it on the ground. Katniss picks it up and tries retying it. They argue over who should go home. Katniss pulls out the nightlock berries that killed Foxface.

"Katniss no," Peeta starts.

"Just, trust me." she tells him.

"On three?" he asks. She nods. "One."

What are they doing?!

"Two."

Do they know that this is a huge act of rebelling?!

"Three." they're about to put the berries in their mouths.

"STOP! STOP!" Claudius yells and they both move the berries from their mouths. "I present the victors of the 74th annual hunger games."

They hug each other happily and the hovercraft picks them up. This is just the kind of person the rebellion needs.