Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Annie Pov.

He tries to run out of the train, he really does, but he can't move. He looks like he's running, but he doesn't move. I try to run to him, but I can't move either. When he's finally almost out of the train, Snow grabs him, pulls him back into train, and it goes back to the Capital. I run after the train, but the one coming up behind me, hits me.

I wake up screaming. But he's not there to comfort me. I can go over to Mags, Xavier, Nixon, or Kim's house. But I don't feel like it. There's only one person's company I want right now, and he's in the Capital. So I just stare at the roof like I do all the time when he's gone. Completely zoned out, not even aware of what's going on around me.

---------------------------

Finnick Pov.

"Annie! Annie!" I scream, "Answer me! Please!" Her voice is gone, she's a mute avox and I know that I'll never hear her laugh or her voice again. She'll never be able to tell me that she loves me again, nothing. "Say something! Anything!" I cry and lay my head on her lap. She rubs my head.
She whispers, "I'm not an avox."
"What?" I ask.
"I'm not an avox, you lied to me, I'm not going to talk to you anymore." I cry more.
"You said you wouldn't leave me, you promised."
"I'm breaking my promise, just like you broke yours."

I wake up screaming. I can't deal with this anymore. I want to tell Snow I'm done being his puppet, but then I remember what happened to my parents, and I can't let that happen to Annie. She's the reason I'm standing here today.