Forbidden Eternity. (13).

13:

I quickly pull on my belt around my black jeans, not skinny, for once, the belt has a big silver buckle on the front, not the cowboy style buckle but the oh-I-want-that-'cos-it-looks-cute kind of belt. I hastily fluff up my hair, the curls in loose ringlets, and the kind that seemed impossible for me to get until now. Ara waits at the door as me and Shadow walk out, cringing as Shadow went by.

"He won't hurt you." I nod towards Shadow; she just looks at him, then me, and cringes.

"I'm not very familiar with dogs." She gives me a lame smile. I nod, not pressing her further about it. She leaves me in front of Mr. Rave's class, the huge metal door blocking any sound coming from the classroom. Opening it hesitantly I peek in, not many people, especially the person I despise most. Kurt waves at me and I smile, opening the door fully and then there's an audible gasp. From everyone, as they look at Shadow. Ah crap. I make my way through the desks, giving the odd head nod and mini wave at the people staring. Sitting down, I feel Kurt's eyes on me, and his mouth wide open.

"Well, err, wow." He stares in awe at Shadow, who patiently sits by my side.

"This is Shadow." I smile, jerking my chin towards him. "Yes, he is my animal."

"He's huge!" Kurt widens his eyes. "How did you even get an animal this big?" I shrug.

"Dunno, guess I'm just special." I beam, Kurt chuckles and shakes his head. I scratch Shadow's head Mr. Rave steps in, in his usual white lab coat. He took one look at me and had to double check, his mouth falling open, revealing his fangs. I smile broadly, and pet Shadow's back, my smile as if to say oh-yeah-I'm-great. Mr. Rave shook his head, murmuring under his breath as he continued his way to the board. I quickly settle into my usual position, hand on face resting on my elbow, the other hand doodling little random pictures on his desk, which were usually cleared away before I returned, to redo the doodles. My hand twirls restlessly, duplicating the swirls that are now on my back.

Kaaatiiiieeee...

I look up, but everybody is looking at Mr. Rave. I shiver and return to my doodles.

Kaaatie...

I frown, someone hissing my name. I look at Kurt and notice he's watching the board like everyone else.

"Can you hear that?" I whisper. He looks at me and frowns in confusion.

"Hear what?" He whispers back. I hesitate, chewing my lip.

"Like, something hissing my name, like Kaaattiiie." He snickers at my impersonation; I thump him on the arm.

"No." I shake my head and return to my position.

Kaaatttiiieeeee... haha.

I whip my head up, what the hell?! I look around quickly again, but nothing out of the ordinary, I can't see outside as the windows are still slightly tinted. I scowl at nothing, when I heard it again, only more like a whisper, not from outside, but from me, in my mind. As if somebody is talking to me. The voice had more clarity to it now, hoarse and cracked, but female for sure.

In here Kaaatie, hear meeee.

I flinch, but the voice carries on.

Yeeesss, that's it, thiiinkk. Teeelll mee where yoooou areeee.

I growl a menacing growl and block my mind, as if putting imaginary walls up, and the presence disappears. I look up to see Vanessa smirking at me.

"Why did you just growl?" She snickers.

"I didn't, I coughed, so shush now small one." I deliberately turn away, ignoring her. I huff, maybe I'm going mad, probably... The bell rings after what seems like minutes, thee time passing as I mull over the strange voices in my head. Jeez, now I really do sound crazy. Sitting in the place next to Ara, I silently pick at the apple I got. I don't really fancy today's menu. Shadow sits beside me and all inane chatter stops as they all gape at him.