Forbidden Eternity. (7).

7:

I grab the can of cola off the table, and chug it down. Ah, rola cola, the cheapest cola there is... I would kill for a Dr.Pepper. I slump forward and glance around the cafeteria for the hundredth time in the past ten minutes. I know who I'm looking for... and he hasn't turned up yet. Ara watched me warily, in case I might 'hump his leg' as she said as soon as he walks him. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Nah, I think it means that Blaze will be with him, you know when he's late Blaze is the reason." I look across the table at Kurt, who's twirling the spaghetti around his fork.

"What?"

"Oh Blaze is Daniel's animal... Cool name if you ask me..." He shoves it into his mouth.

"Is that why he's late? Not that I was wondering or anything..." I cover up my urgency miserably, Lauren grins at me and nods.

"Probably, you'll see Blaze soon; he's massive, like Daniel..." She winks at me.

"How would you know?" Sarah pipes.

"Call it Woman's intuition, I know a good package when I see one, and damn, it was a hard analysis of Daniel as he's so... quiet and mysterious. I'd call him a loner but that just isn't him, I have come to a rough conclusion, he is a sexy mysterious bad boy who's in good need of a woman." Ara shakes her head and I can't help but grin.

A rush of urgency fills me, jumping from my heart and through my body, making me freeze. The tension that I oh so recognised fills the air and my breath catches. A feeling of something dear to me, lost years back and I have just got it back again overwhelmed me. Ara notices straight away and grabs my shoulder, shaking me slightly.

"Woah, Katie are you okay?"

"I- I don't know, a feeling of sudden urgency just filled me, like someone had bombed my body!" I look at her confused when Lauren sniggers.

"Look who's just walked in..." I follow her gaze and my breath caught in my throat... Daniel, with a huge wolf sat obediently next to him, with a grey sleek coat and a pitch black nose, and the same vivid green eyes as Daniel. All eyes secretly turn to him, and the cafeteria hums with whispers, some not even trying to conceal their whispering. I get up; squeezing my fists into balls I put my head up and defiantly head towards him. He eyes me and instant stress seizes his whole body, as if the wolf understood its ears shot down, and it eyes me as well. I could feel my friends eyes back, I suck in a deep breath and stand in front of him. His top lip twitches only the slightest as he looks down at me. Why is he so... weird near me?

"I think you have some explaining to do..." I felt so small next to him, even though he's only what... four inches taller than me. His eyebrows nit together and he bites his lip.

"Not here!" He breathes, why is he having such difficulty speaking around me... do I smell or something?

"Well where then?" He lets out an exasperated sigh.

"I don't know, on Friday."

"Today's Tuesday though, you're telling me to wait till Friday to get an answer for you coming into my room last night, and confusing the hell out of me... you know I don't speak Italian right?" He gives me a lopsided grin before returning to a straight line.

"Yes that's what I'm saying, now will you excuse me?" I purse my lips as he gazes down at me, we stare each other down, his eyes grazing over my body slowly, my eyes locked on his face. I step aside and he quickly flies past me, the wolf... 'Blaze' I believe locks eyes with me as it passes me, growling so quietly I knew it's only meant for me... What? Since when did animals think like that? I shook my head, suddenly feeling inadequate; it's strange how such a short encounter can do that to you. Not feeling nearly as proud as what I did a few seconds ago I look back at the table, Ara shrugs scrunching her face up. I head back over to them; I can't believe he's making me wait till Friday... Asshole. I sat down dejectedly, slumping forwards... again.