Forbidden Eternity. (16).

16:

Christ, I look rough. I stare back at my reflection, the vastly fading scratches and the bruise on my cheek, almost totally gone, in what, a week? I heal a lot faster now than before, and I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that I'm changing into a vampire... no? Shadow looks through the open door at me with thoughtful eyes. How can a dog have thoughtful eyes? I smile at Shadow and bound over to him. I feel like I have neglected him, especially after what Jared said last night. I stroke his large soft head and sit carefully down on the bed, my back only giving me the slightest twinge in protest, unlike when I came back from Daniels, where EVERYTHING seemed to just hurt. Ara had officially been on a high since then and I don't think she's going to come back down. She is completely buzzing after bedding Jared. My alarm buzzes again and I groan. Damn it, Monday night already, last week of school hadn't gone all that well. Apart from my very good time in swimming in Gym, the rest was full of lectures and other mundane things. I barely made it out with my life.

Daniel was obviously avoiding me.

Good thing or bad thing?

I think bad.

I turn off the alarm and stand back up. So I haven't been sleeping, like, anything. Since Thursday, I haven't slept for a full five days now and I don't know why, it wasn't like I was tired though, I felt full of energy and I certainly didn't have any bags. I fluff my hair up again and shrug at Shadow. Who needs sleep anyway?

I purse my lips down at Shadow who looks back up at me with eyes to deep. Maybe I should take him with me today, get to know him more, Daniel did last time so why can't I?

"Come on, you can come with me today and if anyone objects, jus bite their bolox off." I smile and pat him on his head; he trails after me as I shut the door. The corridor is lit up, giving off a golden colour to the cream walls and turning the red carpet a deep rose colour. I hesitate and look at Shadow, maybe I need a lead. Ah screw it. We walk side by side, his huge frame up to my waist. He is beautiful; I have always loved big dogs no matter what. Even when a Rottweiler bit my cousins hand, but to be fair to the Rottweiler my cousin did have a piece of raw meat in his hand and was waving it at his face. I jog quickly down the stairs, Shadow's heavy feet padding against the marble floor. I set my alarm clock early because apparently nearly everyone goes into the cafeteria before class starts... thanks for telling me. I enter the cafeteria with Shadow by my side, everyone glancing at Shadow in surprise and fear but they quickly look away, no need to be caught staring, heavy chatter starts up again. I see Ara and the group sat at the table we usually sit at and I wave at them. Heading through the maze of people and tables I narrowly dodge a tray full of milk and cereal. Cold hands grasp my arm and pull me short, and I meet Vanessa's cold red eyes. Her blonde hair stylishly curled around her shoulder looking gorgeous as ever, but her face is one of scorn and anger, but worry seeping through.

"We need to talk." She whispers menacingly and I stare at her frowning.

"Why?" I shrug her arm off. Her eyes wander and I snap my fingers in her face. She looks back at me annoyed.

"You're... in danger." She murmurs. I scoff.

"Whatever." I turn to walk away but she grabs my arm again.

"Listen to me! Fuck sake, I wouldn't normally do this, but, there's something after you!" I rip my arm away again.

"What?"

"Fucking hell do you only have one brain cell?! Something's after You." She jabs a finger at me.

"And how do you know this?" Don't get me wrong, usually I would listen to things like this, if someone - other than Vanessa - else told me I would high tail it outta there, but, I don't trust her.