Forbidden Eternity: (25)

Barry's not in his office, and I can't see Elvis anywhere. I would scour the school for both of them but the thing is, I'm kinda bleeding right now, involuntarily.

But when has being on your P ever been voluntary?

I run my hand through my hair in frustration, turning around and making my way over to the stairs. What do I do now?

I take the steps two at a time, scowling at the perfectly carved staircase as if it is to blame. Unknowingly I slam straight into a hard body, and I yelp as I flail backwards. My stomach rolls as I swing backwards until two cold hands pull me upright and set me down before I can blink. Dazed, I look up, pushing my hair out of my face with unsteady hands as I glimpse at my saviour.

Barry!

He looks down at me, his red eyes glaring into mine as he inhales. I blush deeply and clear my throat, running my fingers through my hair.

"Mr Linestead, I need to discuss personal matters with you." I blanch, "That is, if you're not busy, but it is kind of urgent."

He grimaces, inhaling a second time, "That's perfectly fine Miss Lewis." he takes the stairs three at a time and I fight to keep up with him as he steers towards his office. As soon as we enter he locks it behind us and flits towards his office chair, sitting down and rubbing at his temples. I stand near the door awkwardly for a few seconds, debating on how I should approach the issue. I decide to just say it.

"Mr Linestead, I'm not sure how to say this without being inappropriate," I pause, shuffling my feet.

"I know why you're here Miss Lewis, and I can assure you the matter is already being assessed." he looks up at me, frazzled, "The only thing I can suggest is to stay in your room for the rest of the day, and have minimal contact with your fellow students, " he glares at me, "Including Mr Wolfe."

I scowl at him but quickly subdue my annoyance, wiping away any expression on my face. How does he know I've spent time with Daniel?

"I suggest that when you do return Miss Lewis, next year, that you no longer go fraternising off of the campus, the rules are there for a reason." he glowers at me, and I return the look with what I hope is innocence.

Busted.

"Thank you for seeing me sir." I mumble, opening the door and walking out into the empty hall. Where is everybody? I suppose I should be thankful that none of them are here, considering my situation, but still. Not even a whisper of sound reaches my ears as I ascend the stairs, grumbling as I do so. Stay in my room all day? What am I supposed to do?

As soon as I am back in my room, I crawl under the covers, wishing that I had some pain relief. The cramps are coming on full blast, and I scowl at nothing, debating on what to do for the next seven hours. Ara's gone, probably for something to eat or maybe she's early to lessons. In the end I just drift off to sleep

The next morning came quickly, and I practically jump up and down in my room, listening for footsteps, a knock at the door, anything. Ara has been gone since early this morning, saying a heartfelt - an abrupt but nice goodbye. I haven't seen Daniel anywhere, but who cares about Daniel, I'm going home today! I must admit I will miss seeing him for the time that I'm away, but seriously, I get to go home. I get to go back to some semblance of normalcy. Double checking my packing situation, I practically squeal when I hear the knock at the door. I open it, beaming, only to find Barry there instead.

"Your mothers waiting in my office."

My smile comes back tenfold and I grab my suitcase and follow him downstairs into his office, pretending not to notice the fact that he didn't offer to carry my quite heavy suitcase down for me. Opening his office door, he stands aside and I run into it, seeing my mother in the armchair. Dressed in her usual attire, a pencil grey skirt along with a grey blazer, she looks ever the professional. I throw myself at her, giving her barely any time to stand up. Immediately I regret being sent here, all of my emotions flooding forward at once by breathing in her peppermint smell. She returns the hug somewhat awkwardly and I try not to feel hurt. This must be a lot to deal with, especially when you're part of an organisation that actively works against your own daughters kind. It feels weird, saying it like that. As if I'm no longer part of her species.