Forbidden Eternity. (8).

8:

I flop onto my bed, admiring the new blue walls that had fully dried now. By now it's nearly seven in the morning. Ara sighs, and sits next to me.

"We have to do something about the brown carpet, I'm thinking cream." She looks at me.

"Yeah I know."

"Well, I'm gonna get a shower, then off to bed, you?" I shrug.

"Dunno, might just chill out for a while, go out for a bit."

"What? In the daylight?"

"Well... yeah, nights boring me." She looks at me astonished, then shrugs and darts into the bathroom, leaving a cold draft behind her. The window started tinting; reminding me of them glasses people wear that when they are in the sun It changes to sunglasses, then when they aren't it goes back to normal. I open the window, the night turning the smallest shade of grey. The shower running in the background, I stick my head out further, breathing in the pine scent deeply. A walk just sounds to inviting. I slam the window shut and the shower turns off, Ara emerges in a towel and a cascade of steam surrounding her.

"I think you should have a shower before you go out, you're covered in paint." She sniffs. I nod and run to the bathroom, scrubbing every surface of my body till all the paint is off. Since it's near December, it's going to snow soon, and the weather is already cold, drying my hair instead of leaving it dry will work in my favour so I won't be freezing my head off. I quickly dry it, dragging a brush through it. I'm not putting make up on, since I've just had a shower. My lashes already dark and my cheeks the faintish hint of pink. That'll do. I stick on some baggy dark trousers and my Ugg boots, with a grey jumper on. Who cares about how I look, all the vampires here apart from Daniel have to stay away from sunlight. I put my hands in the front pocket and nod at Ara before walking out the door. The corridors seem eerily quiet, like a hotel really late at night, you know, when you're walking along the corridors, it kind of reminds me of 'The Shining'. I jog to the main stairs, eager to get outside in the daylight, when Elvis stands in front of me.

"And where are you going Miss Lewis?" He cocks an eyebrow; I continue down the stairs and stop at the door.

"For a walk... why?"

"Well, be careful as we have... unwelcome visitors at the moment." I frown.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing for you to worry about, I'm just saying don't wander off sight, it can become dangerous." And he walks towards Barry's office. I shake my head as I open the giant doors. I go round the side of the building, closest to my window and trudge along, my feet scraping against the stones. I would walk on the grass, but I don't want to get my boots dirty. The sky a dismal grey now, with a few darker clouds threatening to rain at any moment. Trust me to come out when it's going to rain. I continue down the side of the building, coming out at the back. A grey brick wall standing 30 metres high that I never noticed before blocks off half the forest, a few branches sticking over the edge, invading the school grounds, and plants growing up the side of the wall. Scary building to match a scary wall, how cliché. I turn round to head back when I hear a loud crunch, like someone landing on gravel. I twist round and a black hooded figure is stood at the bottom of the wall, their face hidden by the shadow of the hood.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I shout, yes I am known for my bravery in weird situations. His head shoots up, and he crouches. Noticing who I am he relaxes; I know it's a he by his physique. He starts backing up towards the wall. Oh no, he's not getting away! I run towards him and he turns and runs for the wall, but I'm too close and his vampire speed isn't good enough now. I grab his ankle, and he drags me halfway up the wall with him, he looks down at me and drops to the floor. He falls to his back and he looks up at me, I can only see his chin and lips, the rest of his face in a halo of darkness. He scrambles backwards and tries turning to his front. Oh no he doesn't. Not knowing where my sudden extreme bravery came from I jump for him, crashing him back to the ground, flipping him over and straddling him. I grab his wrists; he seems like deadweight as he's just letting me throw him about. With his wrists in my hand above his head I grab for his hood. He flips me over so he's on top of me, pinning my arms down. He changes position (thank god, missionary style is a bit to saucy for a brawl) and straddles me. I kick my legs out and open my mouth to scream, but his hand clamps over it.