Forbidden Eternity. (26).

26:

We didn't go out for the meal, my mother stating it would be 'inappropriate'. Yeah, whatever, she was just pissed off by the fact that she now has to house two vampires instead of one. However, it does spur her into cooking a home meal for once. My father, who hasn't returned yet, rings and tells me he's going to be late, his voice becoming quiet as he realised who had picked up the phone. I tell my mum this, but she just shrugs in reply, dicing the onions. She's making chilli and nachos for tonight, not my favourite thing in the whole world and not the hardest to make, but I still like it.

"Need any help?" I say, washing my hands and moving next to her. She has me stirring the already cooking pan of chilli on the stove, adding the onions and washing her hands off.

We work in silence for a while. I occasionally stir the chilli, it's delicious aroma permeating the kitchen immediately, and my mum goes to work on setting out the island, placing plates and mats on it, wiping it down and organising everything.

"Is that the boy you like?" she says quietly, and I barely hear her as she places the cutlery down on the island, a ping like sound happening every time she puts them down.

"Huh?"

"That boy, upstairs. Daniel. Is that the boy you were talking about the other day?"

I freeze, eyeing the bubbling red chilli. What do I say?

"Uh... Yeah." I stir again, the scent catching my nose.

"Oh."

Yeah, oh. I can practically hear the gears turning in her mind as she thinks of ways to separate us. She didn't like it when I was with Craig, so she certainly won't like the fact that the guy I like is currently sleeping in the same house. I bet she didn't think of this before she said he could stay. Ha. Serves her right.

Daniel hasn't made an appearance since I left him in his room, and I haven't heard a sound coming from his door. I figured he was just sleeping.

"Go tell him there's food if he's hungry, and that he can join us." she finally says, and I sigh. Great. I have to go talk to him again. Stirring the bubbling chilli one last time, I look at my mum. She purses her lips and jerks her to chin for me to go.

Nodding, I wash my hands again and walk out. She's been quiet ever since I showed him to his room, her posture becoming sullen every time she sees me, as if I'm somehow to blame for this. I tried to ignore it, making polite conversation with her and whatnot, but she just ignores me, or answers with a yes or no. Eventually I just stopped talking. I don't think she's told my dad yet, otherwise he would've been over here in a second, demanding why this atrocity has occurred. I take the stairs two at time, and before I know it I'm at his door.

Taking in a deep breath, I knock on the door.

A few seconds later, Daniel opens it. Fresh out of the shower, his hair is still slightly damp, and he smells delicious, a minty scent that reminds me of the outdoors. He's wearing a short sleeved white top along with some dark jeans, and honestly? He looks ready for a catwalk.

He raises an eyebrow, and it takes me a couple of seconds to realise that he's waiting for me to speak.

"Uh, we uh, my mums uh, cooked some chilli and she wants to know if you will uhm, join us."

He blinks before looking over his shoulder, and then looking back at me, "Ok." he finally says.

I reel back slightly before composing myself, "Ok, well, ok, it's nearly ready, about five minutes."

He nods. His eyes look ridiculously green, almost luminous. Such depth, a swirling mass of dark emerald. Not that crappy washed out colour, no, none of that for Daniel.