Forbidden Eternity. (4).

4:

"Vampires?" I ask incredulously. Then I scoff, laughing slightly. "No, there is no such thing."

"Well, this is what I want to talk to you about, you see Katie, look at me, look, what do you see?" I shift in my chair, this guy is making me feel uneasy, what nut believes in vampires? He is still eyeing me so I gaze straight at him, my eyes taking in every detail of his face. His complexion is pale, like a milky colour, but there are traces of dark bags under his eyes, as if he had just recovered from a black eye. His eyes, that weird red with the dark rings around, that seemed to seep into the red like my dark ring seeped into the blue, except his is thicker. Framed by dark blonde lashes, he had high cheek bones, and his face did seem a little gaunt. I shrug. 

"Yeah, so what."  

"Wait, what do you mean so what? Right, look at my teeth" Rolling his eyes he opens his mouth slowly, gleaming white teeth, yeah, so what, why is he so both-  

"OH GOD!" I yell, jumping out my chair. Four front teeth, then where the canines should be were thick, yet defined and quite sharp looking fangs, quite big and I watch wide eyed as they elongate, then shrink back in. 

"You see, I'm a vampire, how else could you explain that?" I shake my head, my hair swinging about, no, it's not possible, so what if he had fangs, he could of just had some weird surgery. "Look at me, we need to talk, this is incredibly serious." . 

"No, No its- it's not possible!" I stutter, no, I can't accept it. My thoughts reel to vampire films, how they drained people of blood and killed so many. I glance up at him, he's stood up but with his fingertips lightly touching the desk, his forehead wrinkles with worry. 

"But it is, please, sit down, otherwise you may collapse. I want to tell you this because..." He bites his lip, as if contemplating on telling me. 

"Like hell I'm sitting down, you might eat me!" I yell, backing towards the door, if I turn round he might go for the kill. 

"Don't be absurd, I promise to not harm you in any single way, sit down." I didn't dare disobey even though everything in my body is telling me to run, his voice is to... powerful. I stepped forward slightly, gauging his reaction, when he didn't move I sat quickly in the chair again. Seeming more relaxed; he sat back down and sighed. "What I'm about to tell you, well, just try to keep calm about it." What could he possibly say that would shock me even more? I gripped the armchair, digging my nails into it. 

"Katie, that day when you had the accident, you died."  

"Ok and where is the punch line?" I laughed, laughing is better than running away in fear. 

"No punch line, you see Katie, to become a vampire, you are either born as one, or die to become one... do you see were I'm heading with this?" My mouth is already half open as he waited for my response. Oh hell no!  

"Katie, when you are made into a vampire, you are bitten by one, but, you aren't just bitten, you're killed afterwards. You have to be alive for it to work, and then after you are bitten, and the venom has entered your system - you see because vampires can release a toxin if they like when feeding or just turning someone. So if that vampire wanted you to become a vampire, then he would activate the venom, as it isn't automatically there, it's like... how do I explain... turning on a light switch, if you understand-." I nodded, they turn the venom on and off when they like... got it. "As I was saying, as soon as the venom has entered your system, you have to be killed for it to finally work. Overall the full transformation from human to vampire takes around half a year, maybe less maybe more. So, when you had the car crash, as your father told me, you were alive for a while, long enough for some vampire, to bite you. Then that vampire killed you, I don't know how he or she killed you as I wasn't there, but, now you... are on the road to transformation. What the real question is, are you a normal vampire, or a Daywalker? From the look of your eyes, you will be a day walker." He smiled, as if that gratified things. Everything I had kept inside, like the curiosity of what he had to say, the burning anger of what he says I'm about to become, Burst. 

Forbidden Eternity.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara