Forbidden Eternity. (27).

27:

I pace in my bedroom, wringing my hands as my mind races, turning the past few minutes over and over again in my mind. I've opened my window despite the rain, the need for fresh air to clear my cluttered thoughts tantamount.

So what does this mean? What happens now?

Despite my earlier promise, the urge to question everything overpowered me, and now I'm analysing every, single, moment.

Did he enjoy it as much as me? Does this mean he does like me? Do I seem desperate? Should I have held back?

Cursing, I flop onto my bed, glaring at the clock. It's been five minutes since he left the room, five, incredibly long, minutes.

I wonder what he's doing...

The sound of footsteps coming from downstairs stops me, and I cock my head to the side, listening.

Yeah, it's definitely below me. The soft thud thud thud vibrating through my floor, muffled, yet clearly distinguished. I stand up with a frown, what's he doing downstairs? Left over pizza?

Possibly, or maybe he's just hungry for something out of the fridge. I open my door anyway, just to confirm he is downstairs.

Yeah.

Well, I thought he was, up until the moment he opens his door, steps out, and holds a finger to his lips.

My mouth drops open. Who the hell is downstairs?! He passes me and whispers, "Stay. Here."

I shake my head, no, and close my door behind me as quietly as I can. He looks up at the ceiling with frustration and gives me a disbelieving look. I look at him back with an expression akin to stubbornness and innocence, like hell I'm going to stay here!

He raises a hand again and motions me to stay close behind him, and I comply willingly, the beautiful feeling of his body heat and the memory of us a few minuted ago has me blushing, but he doesnt seem to notice.

"If you have to come with me, wait at the top of the stairs until I say the coast is clear." he whispers into my ear, his lips brushing it delicately.

I nod, my mind focusing on his lips again, but I quickly break out of his spell and shake my head, "I'm coming with you."

He smiles almost condescendingly, and disappears. A blur and he's down the stairs.

Damn it! He used his vampire speed. No fair! I tip toe down the stairs after him, cringing as they creak underneath me. I feel like a baby elephant. I reach the bottom quickly, grasping the banister and crouching behind it slightly. Where is he?

I can't hear anything! I scan the dark corridor, vague shapes of the furniture being the only things that jump out at me. The front door is closed, so I don't know how the guy got in. My mother would have made sure she locked it.

Taking a deep breath, my heart bouncing in my chest, I sneak over to the kitchen hoping he in there. Nope, nothing. Nothing at all.

Where is he?

The fear is slowly starting to creep up on me, and I'm starting to regret not listening to him. Why do I always do that? Throughout my childhood I was always the child who did the most dangerous stunt. Climb that tree? Yeah, ok. Jump off of that high wall? Sure.

I never listened to my mum when she warned me not to do these things, and that resulted in many broken bones. She eventually stopped me from going out, grounding me whenever I did something stupid. Which was effective, I did stop jumping off walls. But I still have that morbid curiosity that can not be sated.

Forbidden Eternity.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara