Forbidden Eternity. (9).

9:

I didn't think I would react like this, my body, tensed up and I felt my heart rate quicken. I start shaking, hyperventilating. No, it can't be that quick... surely not, what happened to my six months! Why didn't he tell me this earlier! He frowns, watching my reaction.

"What's wrong?"

"THREE FUCKING MONTHS!"

"Why is that a problem?" I look at him, disbelief flooding through me.

"I thought... I thought I had a bit longer." I stutter. He shakes his head slowly.

"No." He breaks eye contact with me and his head jerks. Forgetting my sudden drama I instantly become concerned.

"Why is it so hard with me, I mean you obviously look in pain, but the thirsty kind of pain, like you're controlling yourself? Why is it so bad around me?" He met my eyes again, and he looked so worried for something.

"When you've changed, you'll understand the bloodlust for a... changing vampire... normal vampires, easy to ignore... You... not so much."

"So what you're saying is, you really want to drink my blood right now?" He sneers and looks away, shaking his head.

"Please, your blood may be singing to me but I will never drink it. I can control myself, its just your blood smells really sweet... has anyone told you about the danger of being here... you know with being a changer?" I nod quickly. "See, I can control myself, I've had nearly two centuries to practice, but other vampires don't give a shit about your well being, hence the Power to protect the school and the pupils from said vampires." Something about his age just registered in my mind.

"Wait a second, how old are you?!" He stiffens, and flicks his eyes off to the side. "I've already guessed your something near two hundred years old... so you were born around the 1800's mark?" He nods. "I was born in 1856, I was changed in 1874." I calculated in my head. (Pretty quickly if I say so myself)

"So your... 136 years old!" I gasp. He looks at me, and nods. "But wait, why are you at this school then, since you're like, old." He cringed at the word old.

"I am not old! Anything but, here I'm considered a mere child... but I am incredibly powerful. I was sent here to undergo the school years, mostly as punishment."

"What did you do?" I lean forward.

"Nothing that will ever concern you!" He snaps. I flinch again. (Jeesh, this guy is making me flinch a lot!)

"You don't have to speak to me that way, you could've just said no." His lip twitches and his eyes sadden.

"I have a bad temper. I would tell you, but I'm not going to scare you away, you shouldn't have to know of something like that" He spat the last word, yet I could hear the fear in his voice. I instinctively flail my arms out to hug him to me, but catch myself. No, I can't scare him off.

"You wouldn't scare me away." I say quietly, not sure if he heard it.

"Enough of that subject, talk about something else." I ramble through my mind, when I remember what Ara said about me on the field.

"When I was on the field... did anything... surround me? Like a black shadow or something like that?" he smirks at me, obviously delighted I have changed the subject.

"The black mist, your transformation... watch." Transformation? I steadily watch him as he stands up. Then out of nowhere, a grey thin finger like mist starts to caress him, and his hands become part of the shadow like mist, the mist itself becoming denser and darker, the long thin strips flickering out of him merging with his body like a sharp knife slicing through him, turning his body into the mist, before all that is left is the grey mist/shadow/smoke like thing. It flickers around and travels towards me, gracefully looking so beautiful, It's coldness surrounding me. It wraps around me and ends up behind me while two lace like wisps wrapped around my neck.