Forbidden Eternity. (12).

12:

I scratch at the fountains stone structure, something to ease my boredom... here I am... again. In the space of what? Half an hour maybe... well, at least that had passed the time. The moon still high, hanging defiantly in the sky. I lean back on my elbows, leaning a leg on the stone. Jeez, boredom, even now I have nothing to do, at a frikking vampire academy! God I must be boring or something. The wind blew the perfectly cut grass, and the trees swayed with it, the smell of pine just engulfs this place. I blow out a breath in boredom. I can't, daren't go back to the dorm in case I see something that will forever scold my innocent eyes. Innocent, pfft. I run my fingers through my hair, the quiff making it stick up. Patting it down angrily I hear a distinct growl. I sit up quickly, skimming the place to see if anything's out of place. Nope, nothing. So why is my heart hammering against my chest. I stand up uneasily, brushing my bum as its gone numb. The growl sounds again, and I whip my head behind me, seeing only the flowing white water of the fountain. Damn it, what the hell is that sound? Cracking my knuckles to distract me. The growl comes again, in one continuous flow as it becomes louder and louder, as if something's coming closer to me. Okay, never mind about the sex in the dorm, just get back to the dorm, my mind screams. I walk slowly at first, looking frantically about, the growling still coming closer. The fear hammering away in my chest before it overwhelms me and I take off running, running from the growling which still becoming louder, a padding of feet on the ground is adding to the growling, not my feet may I add. My legs aren't moving fast enough, I bare my teeth and try to run faster, only making myself stumble, and something pounces on my back, crashing me to the floor. A jaw locks around my neck and paws press down onto my back. Paws? Not a vampire? What the fuck? My face so close to the mud I could see a few lady birds crawling about in the grass. The jaw stiffens around my neck and clamps down, making me scream as what seems like thousands of teeth tear through my neck. My blood flows quickly and the weight on my back jerks, then completely disappears and I take in a jagged breath, flipping myself over and trying to scramble away. When I feel it, something tugging at my mind, like a silent pull, gripping bits of me and connecting it to bits of somebody else's, making me feel more violated then I have ever felt in my life. As my mind connects with somebody - something - else's. Then a searing pain floods through my body, taking all of my concentration away to the most concentrated point of the pain, the entire stretch of my spine. I instantly know it's not like the other pains I have experienced, this is different, very different. All of the pain floods into my back and burns. I arch myself, eager to get my back away from the ground. I scream, the pain feeling like someone dragging a scalpel in intricate designs down the centre of my back. I gasp as I roll onto my side, grasping at anything to distract me, the scalpel like feeling travelling up and down my back, and the absent pulling at my mind. Breathing heavy, the cold grass underneath me prickling my bare skin, I take a peek at the thing that's howling just a few yards away from me. The creature cringing on the floor, yelping and howling as if something is causing it deep pain. The scalpel feeling disappears and I intake so quickly I feel dizzy. And everything is quiet. No rustling of the trees, no whistle of the wind. No howling of pain. Nothing, just mine and something else's breathing. Then images fly past my eyes, not images, memory's. None of which are mine, but the creature's sat next to me. How the creature prowled around the campus weeks before I got here, looking for me. How it survived solely off the forest. And many more things, flitting across my eyes so quickly I can hardly take them in. The last memory came to the forefront of my mind, watching through the creatures eyes at my running figure, knowing it had found the one person that only it can be connected to, and as it pounced on me, and the memory finished, leaving me breathless from the newly acquired knowledge of the wolf. It's a malamute crossed wolf , my mind whispers. Shadow, that's his name. I gape at 'Shadow' My mind put in, the huge wolf lying on it's stomach, breathing heavily. The top half of him pure black, while the bottom part as white as snow. I can just see his large head, his eyes circled with the black fur which is connected to the top of his head's black fur, which then carried on to the bridge of his nose, the rest pure white. One of his ears perked up, his eyes open slightly, and I gasp as I look into the sapphire blue eyes, duplicates of mine. The tugging at my mind picks up again, and I can feel him. Feel Shadow's presence. I know he's smarter, smarter than any other wolf or dog could be, smarter than any animal. Not as smart as humans, or us. Not able to speak a language or anything spectacular or ridiculous like that, but able to understand. I start, realising I used his name as if he was my first ever pet. No, in retrospect, I had used it as if Shadow, this animal was something like a best friend to me.