Chapter Forty-Two [Finished]

Chapter Forty-Two

It's been a little over a week since everything happened. Justin was released from the hospital a few days ago and we've been living at Eli's house since then. Justin sometimes is still in a lot of pain, but he's recovering well; and of course I'm here to help him if he needs anything. Eli and I haven't gone back to school yet. We've missed at least two weeks worth of school; but with all the traumatizing events, Eli and I have been experiencing anxiety lately. We're stuck like glue now, not wanting to leave each other's sides. We won't even sleep in our bedrooms. We keep sleeping in the family room on the couches just because we don't want to be alone.

I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book I found in one of the bookshelves upstairs. Eli was sitting next to me playing a game on his phone. Being able to read a book like this makes me feel so calm. I've never been able to read anything because of stress and depression. For the first time in my life, I feel relaxed and happy.

"Eli, Savannah," Kimberly said standing in the doorway, "can you come out to the living room, I'd like to speak to you two." She walked away.

I looked at Eli and he shrugged. I put my book down and Eli left his phone on the table. We went into the living room and Justin was sitting on the couch next to Kimberly. I suddenly felt worried. If Kimberly wanted to tell us something she'd do it right away, not ask us for a meeting.

"What's going on?" Eli asked as we took a seat on the other couch facing them.

"I'm concerned," Kimberly said. "All three of you have been missing a lot of school. I understand Justin is recovering, but you two," she looked at us, "you guys should really go back to school tomorrow. I've noticed you don't even want to leave each other's side anymore. You don't want to sleep in separate rooms, go to the kitchen by yourselves, I mean if you guys could go to the bathroom with each other you would!"

I rubbed my neck trying to think if it really got that bad. We feel safer when we're together, but has it really gotten to that point where we don't even leave the room by ourselves?

"It's been traumatizing, for all of us" Justin said, "and I think we should consider going to therapy, especially you Savannah."

I looked at Eli for an answer. I almost feel like I don't want to do anything without Eli's consent first. Maybe it's physiological, since I didn't listen to him about other things. So I'm lost when it comes to making my own decisions.

"Maybe Justin's right," Eli said, "maybe we should go to therapy. I mean we've been having nightmares and sometimes it feels like we have separation anxiety. We should go. I don't want us to live in fear and feel uneasy for the rest of our lives."

I nodded, "okay." I said in agreement.

"Great," Kimberly smiled, "because the appointment has already been set for next week."

"And you wanted to tell us last minute?" Eli asked.

"Well, in case you said no I wouldn't be able to cancel." She smiled. "It will be fine. I'm worried about your health, it's not good at your age to start getting anxiety and depression. I know Savannah, that you've been feeling a lot more at ease, but let's make sure you still get the help that you should have gotten."

"I understand. Thanks for caring."

Kimberly was going to say something until there was a knock on the door. She looked a little confused because it is Sunday afternoon and she wasn't expecting anyone. I grabbed Eli's arm feeling uneasy. I was being paranoid thinking something bad would happen if she opened the door, but I already knew I was over thinking it. Eli knew what I was feeling because he leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.