Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen 

I don't remember leaving my bed the whole weekend. The only time I got up was to get something quick to eat or to use the bathroom. Other than that, the only sight I had was the four walls in my bedroom. I convinced Justin that I wasn't feeling well. He left me alone most of the time.

Today is Monday. Justin called the school this morning to let them know I wasn't going to come in. My mind still couldn't wrap around the incident that happened on Friday. No matter how much I thought about it, I can't picture Ray doing that. After these past weeks she's been so nice to me, I don't understand why she would do it.

I sat up and looked at the clock. Right about now I'd be getting out of school and meeting Eli by his car. I wonder if Ray is getting a ride by him. For all I know, her whole plan was probably to get rid of me so she could have Eli all by herself. It wouldn't shock me if that was her intentions. I can't trust anyone for now on. I still have to be cautious around Eli. He'll probably turn on me next.

My blanket was on the floor and I picked it up to wrap it around me. I went in the kitchen to get a snack, but the cupboards were about empty. Giving up on looking for something to eat, I went to living room and looked around. I felt like the living room was half empty because most of the stuff broke. We no longer have a lamp, some of the pictures that were on the wall are broken, and some of mom's knickknacks are shattered.

I went over to the shelf and saw one last knickknack standing. It was a little girl in an old fashioned red dress with blonde braided pigtails. She had a little hat on with a ribbon. I noticed one of her fingers was broken. This girl has been on the shelf for as long as I can remember.

There was a knock on the door. I put the little girl back on the shelf and was a little cautious to open the door. I had this horrible feeling it would be Joe. I was scared for my life to open the door. When I peeked out the window to see whose car it was, I noticed it was Eli's. I opened the door and suddenly turned angry to see Ray standing next to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Eli held out some textbooks to me. "I brought your homework." He said.

I grabbed the books and placed it on the stand next to me. It turned awkward after we all stared at each other for a few seconds.

"I brought Ray here," Eli said.

"I can see that." I said looking at her.

Eli glanced at the both of us. "You two need to work out your problem. I'll wait in the car." He walked away.

I was shocked that Eli would force us to try to make up again. He would understand if he knew what happened. I could never be friends with Ray after she told Joe to rape me. It's impossible.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes and moved out of the way. I have no choice but to listen to her. We're both forced to talk to each other.

Ray shut the door behind her. I went to the kitchen and attempted to look for something to eat again. She followed behind me silently and decided to sit down at the table. I looked at her and waited for her to say something. It seemed like she was speechless.

"Go ahead. Explain." I said.

She moved her hair away from her face. Ray didn't dare to look me in the eye.

"You don't have anything to say, do you? You're guilty." I continued.

"You wouldn't understand!" She yelled.

"What wouldn't I understand, Ray? The part where you asked Joe to rape me?"

She shook her head. "It wasn't like that. I was the one about to get raped by him. Before he was going to, I asked Joe to switch me with you, Savannah. He thought it was a pretty good idea, because after all your brother got Joe suspended. He wanted revenge and at the time so did I."