Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

We didn't realize that Ray wasn't in school the next day until second period. Eli and I still didn't believe her story. The way she walked out of that van, it wasn't because she was crying from her father's death. She was terrified yesterday. Eli was too curious to let it go so he asked Angel if she has talked to Ray. According to Angel, she hasn't talked to her since yesterday.

It was the period before lunch and I had walked to my locker leaving Eli with Angel. When I opened my locker to see only a few things I remembered that I didn't bring gym clothes. Every Tuesday and Thursday I have gym class. It totally slipped my mind. I got startled after hearing Eli sigh loudly and lean against the lockers.

"You're not doing anything after school, are you?" He asked.

I shook my head and shut my locker. "You want me to go to Ray's with you, am I correct?"

"Yeah, might as well. She might not be feeling well."

"Are you sure she won't mind us showing up? Her mom will probably be working."

He shook his head. "She won't care."

We walked toward the locker rooms. I suddenly got this feeling that someone was watching me. I looked around but no one seemed to notice me. Everyone in the hall minded their own business. I shook it off and thought about what I was going to do for gym.

Ray isn't here so I can't ask her for clothes. A lot of people at school don't like me so I won't bother asking them. Mrs. Nelson, the gym teacher, will probably have me sit out of class today. If I don't have gym clothes she'll lower my grade and won't let me participate.

"Where are your gym clothes?" Eli suddenly asked.

"I forgot them. I'll just sit out today."

Eli unzipped his bag and gave me a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. "You can borrow mine for the day."

"Then what are you going to wear?" I asked taking them.

"I'll ask one of the guys, one of them will let me borrow something. I know some of the girls here don't enjoy you, I guess I could say."

"They hate me, I know what you mean. It's been like that for years. I'm the schools emo kid." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled. "At least Ray is trying to be friends with you."

"Hardly. Ray has been avoiding us, she's out of school half the time, and when she is here Ray hangs out with her other friends."

We stopped right before I went into the girl's locker room.

"Well, you still have me." He smiled.

"Yes, you're wonderful." I said sarcastically. "I'll see you after gym class."

He nodded and we went our separate ways. As soon as I went into the bathroom I heard a bunch of girls laugh. I shook my head and quickly got dressed in the stalls. I had to tie Eli's shorts tighter because they were huge on me. It's either I'm way too thin or he's fat. I took a quick look at my cut then pushed the thought aside. I slipped my sweatshirt on and went out in the gymnasium where a couple of people were. Mrs. Nelson looked at me and then wrote something down.

I suddenly felt someone else's eyes on me. I took a good look around, but no one was looking at me. It's the strangest feeling. Someone has to be staring at me; they're just not showing themselves. Every few seconds I looked around the room, after a while I gave up.

"Something wrong?" Eli asked behind me.

"No," I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked confused. "Don't you have gym class with Mr. Heath?"