Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

Justin woke me up telling me I was going to be late for school. The alarm went off for fifteen minutes and I don't remember hearing it. The whole night I was being taunted by my nightmares. Everything was being replayed in my head. I can hardly move. It's like the life was sucked out of me.

I don't even want to know what I look like in the mirror. I'm weak, scared, and tired. I don't feel like doing anything today, but cry.

"Savannah, you're going to be late!" Justin yelled at me.

I kept my eyes closed and put my hood up. I tightened the strings on them so it would cover my face.

Justin giggled at me. He thinks I'm just tired and don't want to go to school. What he doesn't know is I was raped by his 'best friend'. As long as I keep my mouth shut and my face covered, he won't ever find out. Although, it only takes one mistake to ruin everything.

I hurried up and got dressed. Taking another look in the mirror I noticed my eyes look worse than last night. I went through the shelves in the bathroom and took out a makeup kit. I don't usually wear makeup, but it looks like today I'm forced to.

I washed my face with cold water first and applied a little cover up. It seemed to cover it up some. To make it blend in more I applied a light layer of blush on my cheeks to make it look natural. My cheeks were already rosy, but that's normal for me.

After finishing I stuck the makeup back on the shelf. One last time I looked in the mirror and put a fake smile on. Can I pull it off or will I get caught? I can see the secrets hidden in my eyes, but can anyone else? I shook the questions off and came out of the bathroom.

I was startled when I saw Justin standing there.

He put a smile on his face. "I wanted to ask you something." His smile disappeared.

My mind became blank and my heart sank. Can he tell something's wrong?

"Eli called yesterday at work," he continued, "He asked if you made it there safely. You never came to visit me. What happened?"

I walked passed him into the bedroom to grab my bag. I didn't want to look in his eyes when I lie. "I decided to walk home instead. I had a lot of schoolwork, you know how it is."

"I was just wondering." He said.

Thinking about schoolwork, I didn't even do it! My grades are dropping like crazy and the list of lies is getting longer. I don't think I can keep this up much longer.

I turned around and almost bumped into Justin. He grabbed a hold of my face to examine it. My heart started racing. What's up with him today? He doesn't usually do this.

"You're wearing makeup?" He asked confused.

"Yeah," I pushed his hand away, "I thought I'd change my look a little."

"One second," Justin went into the bathroom and came out with eyeliner. He grabbed a hold of my face again. "Hold still."

I got nervous. Even if it is Justin, he has these big hands like Joe. He's the same height, age, and even the texture of his skin is the same. I made myself flinch as I thought about it.

 "Hold still." Justin said again holding my head tighter. Justin smiled as he put the eyeliner on me.

To be honest, I'm a little shocked he knows how to put it on. Maybe mom put eyeliner on; he could have watched her do it.

"There, I'm done." He let go of me.

"It feels weird," I said about to rub my eyes.

He pulled my hands away from my face. "If you do that, it will come off."