Chapter Twenty-Three

The bell rang and I was glad it the last period of the day. I grabbed my bag and quickly walked out of the classroom. Papers still hung on the walls of the school. Everyone gave me stares. They all whispered as I made my way through. I couldn't hear what they were saying but my mind took over with the possibilities of their conversations.

Everyone in this school, they're all the same. They don't care about my feelings, heck they don't care about me at all. It's like you have to be perfect to just fit in with anyone. All their voices are pounding in my head saying awful things about me. How can they live with themselves? Do they have no conscious?

I have to talk to him before I'm interrupted by Eli. I'm shocked I've avoided him all day. I want nothing to do him. If Ray wants Eli so desperately she can take him, she doesn't need to spread rumors about me.

I took a deep breath and walked up to the one person I never wanted to talk to again. He looked over to me confused as he shut his locker. I probably looked horrible because I've been crying in the bathroom.

"What do you want?" Connor whispered.

"I need you to do me a favor." I choked out.

"What kind of favor?" He asked.

I looked away from him and bit my lip. "Do you know where I live?"

He nodded. "Yes, because of your brother. Why? What do you need me to do?"

"I – I can't tell you here. Can you come over after you're finished up with things here?"

"Yeah," he nodded slowly not sure what I was up to. "Do you need a ride?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, just meet me there."

"What is this all about, Savannah?"

"You'll find out soon enough." I said walking away.

He didn't stop me. I continued walking and didn't bother to get any of my books from my locker. I headed out of the school with my bag over my shoulder. As soon as I thought I was safe away from everyone, my name was called. I was dreading this moment.

"Savannah, stop avoiding me!" Eli yelled pulling me back.

"Don't touch me!" I pushed him away.

"What is your problem!? Savannah they're rumors, ignore them!" He continued to yell.

"You don't understand, Eli! I am not like you. You are everything that everyone wants, I mean nothing to them. It doesn't matter what I do or say they will always continue to do this. Stop trying to help me, Eli!" I walked away.

"You think I'm just going to let you go that easily?" He asked as he got in front of me and stopped.

"Yes, I do." I said stepping to the side.

He followed my movement. "You can't do that to me."

"You're the reason why my life sucks! Leave me alone, stop interfering with things, stop talking to me, and stop being my friend! Understand that I want nothing to do with you!" I screamed. Eli became serious and didn't say anything."Let's go back to the time where we never met each other." I said softly. "My life was perfect before I met you. Do me this one favor and leave me be." I walked passed him and bit my lip trying to hold back my sobs.

It's the only way to get rid of him. I have to do it or Rayann is just going to make my life a living hell. She won the fight, I need to forfeit and give the prize over before she goes any further.