Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

   My alarm going off woke me up. I hit the button and sat up half asleep. Justin was already gone from his bed. I looked on my bed and saw Charity's phone next to my pillow. I picked it up and pressed a button. There weren't any missed calls. I don't think the doctors would call this early, would they?

I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times. They burned slightly. I ignored it and went to my dresser to get clothes. I was running out of shirts that had long sleeves. I have to hide my cut and the poke from the needle yesterday. Eli did lend me his sweatshirt; I can wear that over my t-shirt. I went to my bag and took it out.

I hurried across the hall and into the bathroom before Justin noticed me. I took a quick shower and got dressed. There was only a half an hour before we had to go to school. It doesn't take me long to get ready, so I usually sleep until seven. I walked to the mirror and saw the bruise on my neck was lighter. Shockingly it wasn't that noticeable like I thought it would be. I put Eli's sweatshirt on and zipped it up half way.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. I grabbed my bag and put my sneakers on. When I went to grab Charity's phone next to my bed, I noticed it was gone. I picked up the pillow to see if it was there, nothing. I got off my bed and started shaking my blankets around. Where did I put it? I could have sworn I set it on my bed.

"Looking for this?" Justin asked.

I looked over and saw him holding the phone in his right hand. "Uh, yeah." I said. "It's Charity's, I was holding on to it for her."

He glanced down at the phone. "You got a call so I picked it up wondering who it was." Justin looked at me. "Your test came out negative. Tell me Savannah, why did you think you were pregnant?"

I sat on my bed stunned. My pregnancy test came out negative. I feel like crying out of pure happiness. I have to hold it back though because of Justin. He knows I went to go see the doctor. Why did they call so early? I did hope the results would come out quick, but that fast? It's a miracle. Although I would have liked it if they would have contacted me later. This way Justin wouldn't have picked up the phone. What am I going to tell him? I'm not ready to tell him the truth. I can't even face the truth myself.

"Why did you think you were pregnant!?" Justin asked again. "Did you and Eli?"

"No!" I interrupted.

"Then who did you hook up with? What are you hiding from me!?"

An idea had popped in my head, but I wasn't sure if it would backfire later. I formed a fist and sighed. Charity is going to kill me for this. "Charity thought she was pregnant." I blurted out. "I went to the clinic yesterday with her. She gave me her phone because she didn't want her dad to find out. If you don't believe me, ask her yourself."

"That's exactly what I'm going to do. Then again you might have asked her to lie for you." He stuck the phone in his pocket. "Get in the car, we're leaving." He walked away.

I lay on my bed and groaned softly. I think Justin finding out just ruined my happiness about my test coming out negative. Hopefully Charity will play along with this. If she doesn't, let's just say Justin might beat me with his own hands. I don't want him to be angry at me more than he already is.

I got up and dragged my feet to the living room. Justin honked his horn before I got to the door. I stood up straight and took a deep breath. I can get through today, maybe with bruises, but I will definitely make it. I walked out of the house and got in the car. Justin pulled out of the driveway and headed to town.

"Are you working tonight?" I asked suddenly.

"No, I'm working Wednesday, and don't talk to me." He said.