Chapter 28: Sleepless in the city

"Annie! Remember that stupid science trip we went on to Orange county?" I had a great plan to make this hotel a little bit less overly posh.

"Of course I do it was traumatic. Made me realize how much I hate chem. There was only one fun thing about that trip, when we threw paper airplanes from the 12th floor." She smiles at the memory. I point at the twenty floors above us that overlook the lobby. Without any other words, I grab the notebook that Rachel carries everywhere and tear out a blank page. The boys pile into the elevator confused. I hit twenty and smile.

"Soph... Annie.. You do realize our room is on the nineteenth floor?" I smile and hand him a paper airplane and we hastily make More on the way up. 3:30, the cafe on the lobby is just hitting their lunch rush. How about some paper with that sandwich? I toss a paper airplane and it lands on the table in front of a man drinking a beer. He looks up confused and we dive to cover ourselves. We fall on the floor laughing and continue the process tenfold. These kind of little kid acts never get old.

"Way to destroy the peace in this hotel Soph and Anne!" Louis calls over with a wink. Hey, it's too good to be true. This hotel is much too sophisticated and posh. Let people enjoy their life. I run out of the hotel lobby to stand on the street corner. Just smell that city air. It's possibly the weirdest smell but it just feels comforting. I'm a very social person and it feels good to be surrounded by people. Annie doesn't get that. "Eww hobos,"she whispers as we walk down market street. Just chilling with one direction. That's how we do. Rachel and Jake lag behind like usual.

"The sun goes down, the stars come out and all that counts is here and now..." I sing as we lay on the grass of a park we found by the water.

"Ewww..."

"Shut up Sophie!"

"Traitor!"

"We hate that band! We have a mutual hate!"

I laugh and continue to hum the rest of "Glad you came" by the Wanted.

"Although you made a big mistake by singing the Wanted... I have a surprise for you!" He puts a blindfold on me and I can hear Harry putting a blindfold on reluctant Annie.

They carry us on their backs and gently drop is into the back of a convertible. I sit next to Liam and Harry sits next to Annie. We drive for what seems to be forever with the cold San Francisco air messing up the curls that I worked so hard on...

"My lady, we have arrived..." Liam whispers as we step out of the car and remove our blindfolds. We step out and it is already nighttime. I look out to see a large boat covered in lights that sparkle in the moonlight. Harry and Annie giddily jump into the boat while Liam grabs my hand to lead me onward. He turns to face me.

"Sophie, i first got to know you on our boat so I figured that this would be a great idea being in memory of that great day with you." I quickly peck him with a kiss and move onto the boat.

Only now do I notice that both Liam and Harry have changed into suits and ties whereas Annie and I have been wearing jeans and a blouse with a coat on top the entire time. I feel pitifully underdressed...

Suddenly, a two waiters come out from below deck and seat us at a table that I never noticed was there. Either I am really oblivious today or it's dark. Perhaps a mix of the two?

They bring out scrumptious penne pasta and smoked salmon that is to die for. With money comes great dining. We chat amongst ourselves as we eat.

A waiter beings out a pile of what seems to be a mousse of a sort or maybe ice cream. Out of the blue, the waiter grabs a blowtorch and lights both of our plates on fire. I jump at the awkward arrival.

Baked Alaska? Yum! How did Liam know its my favorite? We both dip our forks in and he laughs at my sheer glee. We finish the desert and Liam points to my chin and grins. I look at him in confusion. He kisses my lower left chin and grins as sits back up in his seat.

"You had something on your mouth... And it was Yummy!!" I laugh at his lovable demeanor and look over to see Harry and Annie looking lovingly into each others eyes. They have a different kind of relationship then us and I'm happy because of it. They are different people and it makes sense.

"I have yet another surprise for you!"

"Well aren't you just the king of surprises?"

"Why yes I am and you are Queen Sophie!"

He presents a paddle boat and we jump in and start paddling. Everything is so dark so I can't see a thing. Then a pathway lights is along! We paddle for a couple of minutes to see some lights in the distance.

Is that? Pier 39?

I go here every time I go to San Francisco. It's my favorite place. How does Liam know all of this stuff? Must be Annie and Rachel. By the way, where did they go? Either way, they are probably having just as much fun.

We run around the area that smells like Waffle cones and ice cream. We run through the mirror maze and try to get out as fast as possible. We race each other to see who can get out fastest and I run straight into a mirror.*cough* clutz*cough*

After all was said and done, we arrive back at our hotel and I fall asleep on the bed next to Liam and his warmth.

We do absolutely nothing for the next two days except walk around San Francisco. It may seem boring but it was absolutely fantastic to walk hand in hand with Liam.