Chapter 2: Secrets and Opportunities

I stare blankly at them in disbelief. This isn't real. I must still be sleeping on the beach. I pinch myself and shut my eyes and open them to still find two out of five of the boys of one direction. Annie is fangirling beside me making little squeals and I tell her to play it cool and automatically she begins singing "one thing". Typical. I seriously can't tell her to close the door of my car without her starting to sing "Moments". They are coming closer and closer ohhh nooo what do I do what can I say I need to be awesome this is one direction why are they here is the really happening oh my god!! Liam smiles and charmingly says"hello lovely ladies" with his gorgeous accent. Harry begins to speak but only gets out "Hey I'm-" but gets cut off by Annie quickly interrupting to say"You're Harry styles... And he is Liam Payne!" Harry just lets out a short laugh and replies"yeah we are. Are you fans?" and quickly looks over to me. I cooly reply,"yeah hehe we are major fans. So what are you doing in Tahoe?" Liam cuts into the conversation to explain that they have a concert in Sacramento in two weeks and Paul said that Tahoe is a really nice place cause he has relatives that live here. Lovely. Absolutely fantastic. One direction is going to be in my hometown for TWO WEEKS? How am I this lucky? I have never been lucky in my life! This past year, I have been everything but lucky with my dad killing himself after my parents divorced. I try to overlook my bad luck but this is just too epic. Life just got a bit better. Since my blanket was just that wide, Liam sat on my side and Harry sat on Annie's side leaving us in the middle to fangirl. We kept poking each other in the side to make sure that we weren't dreaming. It was such a perfect day. This beach was absolutely quiet and romantic. A perfect day with the perfect guys. Liam and I just talked about our travels and his life as a member of the biggest boy band in the world. As I decide to look over my shoulder to check up on Annie and Harry I see Harry has taken his shirt off and they are holding hands and looking deeply into each others eyes without words. The two flirts have made a connection. Too bad Liam is still dating Danielle. Speaking of Danielle..."Liam, how are you and Danielle in paradise?" He hears me but chooses not to respond but just looks over at the water. "Liam? Is everything alright?" He just looks With sincere puppy eyes at me and softly says,"We ummm... Aren't together anymore... She was cheating on me. We broke up a month ago. I don't want to tell the press cause they will make a really big deal of it and it would ruin her reputation. I'm not that kind of guy to be a backstabber." I grabbed his hand softly to comfort him. They were dating for two and a half years. I guess their careers got in the way. Anger flushed through me. How could she do something like this? Was Liam not enough? He seems like such a sweet and genuine guy. She just wasn't the right girl for him I suppose. He suddenly grabs my other hand firmly and I can see that we are slowly coming closer and closer together. Is this really happening? Should I....? Annie hits my back with her head as her and Harry start making out in my towel. Instead of kissing him, I bonk foreheads and fall on top of Liam. We just laughed at their hormones and ventured off to walk across the sand.